i've pretty much narrowed down my choices for a delay between the mxr carbon copy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJPde-C28iU&feature=related and the ibanez ad-9 delay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-VVRNZoPK8&feature=related

im personally leaning more towards the ibanez at the moment, i can find them both used for around the same price, and i think they're the same price new; but in the video for the ad-9 it seems to handle bluesy/ slight crunch pretty well. they're both analog, the only difference is the MXR has the modulation. i play a lot of blues, jazz, blues rock, and a lot of jam band type of stuff.

would i be making the right choice?
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
I'd personally rather go with a BOSS DD-7. I know that not many people like BOSS, but their Delays are top notch. They can do anything. Its one of my most used pedals.
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
I'd personally rather go with a BOSS DD-7. I know that not many people like BOSS, but their Delays are top notch. They can do anything. Its one of my most used pedals.

+1

BOSS is pretty legit when it comes to delay.
I had an AD-9 from Keeley. I prefer digital delay.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
sorry guys i forgot to give my budget, if i go used i can spend about 80 bucks, if i go new i have around 125 because i have a gift cards to samash. i know a lot of people prefer the DD-7 but digital delay isn't what im after, the analog delay seems to add a little more umph to your tone, but thanks for you're feedback.
Quote by illuminatiano

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Get the Carbon Copy.

Its a great value, and the sound quality is top notch.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
a lot of people prefer the carbon copy, i myself prefer the ad-9. i dont really think the modulation is all that great, but a lot of people like it. that seems to be one of the biggest differences, though they do have a little bit different tones. i think the ad-9 is a bit darker, which i like. if the store has both of them, then i would say try them side by side to see what your prefrence is. both are solid pedals and i dont think you can go wrong with either.
Quote by jof1029
a lot of people prefer the carbon copy, i myself prefer the ad-9. i dont really think the modulation is all that great, but a lot of people like it. that seems to be one of the biggest differences, though they do have a little bit different tones. i think the ad-9 is a bit darker, which i like. if the store has both of them, then i would say try them side by side to see what your prefrence is. both are solid pedals and i dont think you can go wrong with either.

thanks, this is deffinately what im looking for. i plan on trying both if possible, but as of now im still with you on this one.
im not a fan of boss pedals, i own one and have played several others and i'm really disappointed with the bypass on them, i play with very few pedals and the difference between with the boss and with out the boss are night and day imo
Quote by illuminatiano

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )