Hey forumers.

I've finally decided to upgrade my gear. Currently, I have a ****ty Marshall 150 AVT and a Fender HSS Strat with the original Pickups. Now, I've been playing since I was 11 (18 now), but I've just been focused on playing. Now, I'm getting out there and trying to find my sound. I have a basic understanding of which types of instruments and amps are better for a said style of music, but I just need some second opinions. I'm looking to get either a new guitar, or a new amp and possibly new pickups. I play mainly metal (Iced Earth, Megadeth, Anthrax, Sepultura, Opeth), but I also like to dabble in Red Hot Chili Peppers style jams with slight destort, and liquid cool tones, like Vai or Johnson. I'm looking for something versatile, and the price range is 2000$. What's the best I can do with that wad of cash?
Duncan.Hills.Duncan.Hills. COFFEE!!!

If a tree falls in the woods, and a man is there to hear it, but the tree crushes the man, does the man dying make a sound?
Get a new amp.
The Fender should work just fine.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Used Splawn Nitro with an Avatar 2x12 cab.

+1. Then maybe get some new pups for the Strat later, if you like the feel of it, of course.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Splawn Nitro with Avatar cab, eh? Never heard of it, but I'll make sure to check it out once I go browsing.
Duncan.Hills.Duncan.Hills. COFFEE!!!

If a tree falls in the woods, and a man is there to hear it, but the tree crushes the man, does the man dying make a sound?
+3 to the nitro G R E A T amp. for Hotrod Brit tones
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by classicrocker01

Wow, never heard of splawn before. Checked out their site, Their clips sound absolutely amazing. Don't have the budget for one, but damn, thats on my future wish list now. Thanks for the heads up.
Gear:
Ibanez Prestige 1421F
Epi Les Paul Ultra (With SD JB/Jazz pups)
Bugera 120w 333xl 212 combo
Peavey ValveKing 50w 112 combo (Eminence Texas Heat 12" speaker)
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
MXR M108 10 band EQ.
Dunlop Slash Crybaby Wah.
Used man, or a get a pro stock (1 channel nitro)
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era