Hi,

I have a question. Right now my guitar has 10's. I want to put 11's on.

Right now the guitar nuts "sockets" seem very tightly "filled" with the 10's. My question is if 11's will fit the nuts string sockets. I'm assuming 11's are thicker?

Thanks
i went from 9s to 11s on my les paul and i didnt have a problem.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
You shouldn't have any trouble with the nut.
GEAR:
Washburn WI64DL Idol
Squier HELLO KITTY STRAT
Ibanez GRG270
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Microcube
Quote by CemetaryGates90

I have been debating this on my LP also, what are the differences in your sound, playability, etc. that you have noticed? I have 10's on mine but have thinking about the switch for a while.
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Quote by CemetaryGates90

Did the same on my Ibanez and only needed a truss rod adjustment.
I have 13s on my LTD and they fit in the nut. Though I may go down to 12s next time I buy new strings since I dont go lower than Drop C anymore.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
I went from .10's to .11's to .13's on my paul in the past few months, and I have to say: I had no problems with the nut what-so-ever. I did have to file the nut on my Strat when I put .13's on that. You shouldn't have any problems. You may have to tighten your truss rod a bit after the strings pull on your neck a while.

Xeus: he shouldn't have had to take it in to get it set up, all he had to do was take the back plate off and tighten the trem claw in the back to reset his bridge. Total waste takin' it in just for that. I've found that every guitar should only have to go in for 1 setup in it's life, after that, it's always just little adjustments that almost all players can do themselves to keep the guitar playing well.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
well if you are going to put 11's in there and you are tuning you standard you cant use 9's anymore cause it will really mess up the nut. at least that's what happened to my friend's guitar.
I like bending hard on my guitar and one day a string broke.
I use 10's
Apple Macintosh

Fender Stratocaster Highway one HSS USA

Marshall DSL50 British green