Here's my latest build which started life a £50 new guitar from ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=220284695949

It's been stripped, flat sanded, primed, painted with fluorescent green paint (which is not fun to work with) and then lots of lacquer. Then left for a month and wet sanded, rubbing compounded and autoglymed to a high gloss shine.

Hardware has been changed to all black including:

- Upgraded original style floyd rose and R2 nut (which needed a tiny amout of shimming)
- GFS VEH Van Halen type pickup
- Locking Wilkinson Tuners
- Schaller Strap Locks

The neck has been tweaked when refitting until it was totally accurate in the pocket and dead straight.

Guitar was reassembled and action and intonation adjusted.

Final cost is just over £140 inc the original guitar all hardware and paint.

It pays and sounds a dream and is now my backup stage guitars. Given the low price of the guitar the fret job is great and it had been fitted with Dunlop 6100 size frets too

Further fuel to the arguement that a well assembled and setup guitar plays and sounds as good as a supposedly better one.
Attachments:
Its Green.jpg
Cool colour! Only thing I would change would be the headstock, I think the end is too big, but hey thats just me.

BTW more pics needed!!
No the headstock is great, its like the old kramer banana one. Only thing that I would do is spraypaint the kramer logo on the headstock and just for convinience, attach some allen wrenches to the back of the headstock
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
It's all opinion, but I don't like the headstock either. That being said the OP prob does because he bought the guitar in the first place.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by dustyboy316
It's all opinion, but I don't like the headstock either. That being said the OP prob does because he bought the guitar in the first place.

Which is the important point. Anyway headstock design aside I'm sure we can easily decide on more pictures .
Quote by deftonesordie
Diggin' it. I'd say a blade headstock would suit it better.

agreed. I always thought the banana always looked outta place.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i think you should spray paint your own logo on the guitar. just so when people see it theres no doubt that its a work of art.
I'd actually planned to put a strat headstock neck on this one and I even got around to buying a floyd ready one while the laquer was curing.

However that neck had medium jumbo's rather than the jumbo's on the original so I went with the original. (I've since fully scalloped the strat headstock neck and it's going on another guitar soon).

He's some more pics of ths one. I'll try and get a sound sample up too for the poster who requested it.
Attachments:
Green Body.jpg
Wow, nice job! You really turned that thing into an awesome guitar.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
Cool, more pictures! I love how the way the paint seems to glow.
This would be one awesome guitar to see in a huge arena concert.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Very sexy, better be playin' some hair metal on that thing!

I play in a 80's and 90's rock band so hair metal a plenty
Quote by b2spirita
Did it come with an actual floyd? Cheap knockoff surely?

It came with a very cheapy trem. The one I've replaced it with is a good foyd rose style trem.

An original floyd goes for £160 here which is more than the cost of the new guitar + all the replacement hardware. Although even the trem I've fitted cost more than the guitar did.
Quote by dave_5150
It came with a very cheapy trem. The one I've replaced it with is a good foyd rose style trem.

An original floyd goes for £160 here which is more than the cost of the new guitar + all the replacement hardware. Although even the trem I've fitted cost more than the guitar did.

PM'd.
Quote by savage94
What kind of paint did you use?

It's fluorescent road sign spray paint and it's a nightmare to work with as it doesn't seem to dry properly.

The lacquer pretty much acts as a sealer too to keep the colour in place.

On the plus point though it is light reactive and looks great under stage lights.
Quote by dave_5150
No PM recieved ??

Tis definitely sent, you checking the profile PM's yeah?