MAN-ROCK??

"Hot Leg is former The Darkness frontman, Justin Hawkins' new band consisting of himself, Pete Rinaldi (of Anchorhead), Samuel SJ Stokes (formerly of The Thieves) and Darby Todd (from 'Protect the Beat'). Their debut album Red Light Fever was recorded in London in early 2008 and was released on 9 February 2009 by Barbecue Rock Records." - Wikipedia

I found out about Hot Leg from Kerrang when they played their annoyingly annoying song "I've met Jesus" on their channel, and I've found them annoying ever since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnETYe5-GTE - But seriously, not only did they already rip off an already (but less) annoying band AC/DC with the chord progressions, they had the nerve to put in lyrics "I've met Jesus and he's nothing like you", I mean seriously, what can a listener take away from that? Along with the totally flawed lyrics there are the stupid harmonies that despite the power of Justin's' falsetto still manages to be extremely goofy and annoying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOLthJnrdEY - In this song Justin Hawkins, who was already a tad annoying with The Darkness annoyingly sings the words "C**K" and "tails" backed by a menagerie of overproduced guitar sounds and 80's synth.

I know I'm not the only person in the world that likes music that is in sync with human emotion, so I'm sure wanting to hurl every time I hear their music is probably just normal.

So what is everyone else's verdict on this annoyance that is "Hot Leg"?

Don't think of your sister naked.

[You just did]
your making a mountain out of a mole hill.

i prefer hot leg to nirvana but im not trying to slap my views in your face.
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
Well, this isn't the most annoying music I've heard but the second song came pretty close.
ಥ_ಥ
I thought the first video was worse than the music... then I listened to the second song, and that was definitely not something I'd care to listen to ever again. But then again, if it sells, and I'm sure it does, that puts Hot Leg a lot farther along in their music career than I am... so kudos to them.
When life gives you lemons, squirt juice in your enemies' eyes.
Nice falsetto, that's about it for me, seems pretty generic 80s rock.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by lowbudgetband
I thought the first video was worse than the music... then I listened to the second song, and that was definitely not something I'd care to listen to ever again. But then again, if it sells, and I'm sure it does, that puts Hot Leg a lot farther along in their music career than I am... so kudos to them.

Sells? Have you seen where they've been getting in the charts? :O

Don't think of your sister naked.

[You just did]
dont like their new song, but i loved the darkness (and I hate most **** rock, glam metal, etc.)
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Mmm, no. Not the most annoying music at all. Very far from it. You need to let this stuff grow on you. I loved the CRAP out of the darkness and they were SO awesome. I was so glad to see and hear Justins new stuff!! I really love it. If you got the whole album and listened to it front to back 5 times and said the same things, they would be justified in my opinion.

However, you seem to be hating pointlessly on something that i and a ton of my friends and surely thousands and thousands of more people LOVE and rock out to all the time.

Facts: Justin Hawkins can rock peoples faces off with his voice and his guitar. The music is supposed to be and IS fun, funny, awesome, manly. Hot Leg is sweet and if you don't like it, that's okay.

Just remember, nobody likes to hear bands they love getting dumped on by people who aren't totally emersed or understanding of the music.

-Doug
when I saw the second video I thought of Vesuvius from the Rocker.
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Last edited by mikko 9119 at Mar 26, 2009,