Page 1 of 3
I don't know if this has been done before but I couldn't find it.

Basically, what inspired you to start playing guitar?

Although I am shameful to admit it, I first wanted to learn guitar when I saw the tv show Drake and Josh.

I wanted to be like Drake Bell

I feel dirty... should I?

What inspired the pit to play guitar?

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Green Day (Dead serious)
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Metallica, but soon after I heard Children of Bodom and Alexi has since then been a constant source of inspiration....plus Metallica sucks now
Church burning is good for the (social) environment

_██_
(ಠ_ృ--------

Quote by theknuckster
It's like you take vodka, and then dilute it down until it's pretty much water, but still call it vodka, and proceed to pretend to get heavily wasted off it.
Dr. Searchbar
Quote by supralightning
send your gf over to my place and ill give her a birthday present

Gear:
Fender Squier
SP-10 (i almost don't use it)
Boss DS-1
Boss RC-2 (very useful)
Boss GT-10 (hell yeah)
Good Headphones
Gameboy color

Lastfm
idk i just had the desire to make music since i was little
I pressed her thigh and death smiled

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
-John Lennon
I saw a guitar on sale really cheap. It was too good of a deal to pass up and if I don't learn guitar, I've wasted my 80$.

I'm serious.
Last edited by Trefellin at Mar 21, 2009,
Slash and Guns N' Roses. First band I was ever truly into, and I loved Slash's playing. I still want to play bluesly rock like that, even though my tastes have gone further toward alternative/metal since then. (Still got a big ol' soft spot for GN'R, though)
"The Hand That Feeds" by Nine Inch Nails. The moment I heard it I had to learn it. I've only been playing for a year or so though.
I won once...
Quote by Recon _/
i give up,you won HAHAHAH

On July 15th 2009 I finally saw [NIИ] live!
it was cool.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Watched Linkin Park's DVD Live In Texas and decided I wanted to play music. Then I found out my school was giving out free lessons and I never looked back.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

got bored of flute, playing electric didn't interest me, so i decided to play bass. That and Muse and Queen
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by qwertyuiop22
*reported

Who?

Quote by Våd Hamster

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Jimmy Page and my friend
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Fender Stratocaster Custom
Epiphone Les Paul Classic (w/ EMG-81)
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Angus Young.
Mah Gear:
Ibanez RGR420EX
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Yamaha F-310
Kustom Arrow 16DFX
actually it was guitar hero ffor me too. but unlike others i've continued and actually gotten pretty good at it.
Quote by Lars
Hey guys. What is this new amp we got today? it says M... Ma... Mars something. Marshall!!!
i think it says MG here on a little note too
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
I was 11 years old and I was developing my own taste in music, and for some reason I was struck by the idea that it would be fun to play in a band.

I wanted to play guitar because I liked the sound it makes. My grandfather used to play guitar, and he had one lying around, so I thought was a catalyst.

And the rest, as they say, is history. But Blink 182 still rock, and I'm not ashamed to say that it was them and Sum 41 that made me wanna play guitar.
Quote by Lirarn
actually it was guitar hero ffor me too. but unlike others i've continued and actually gotten pretty good at it.

Hey! I never said I wasn't good at guitar.
Quote by Ssargentslayer
>.>

<.<

Guitar hero

Sadly enough This, mixed with some pictures with cool guys with guitars.

But I knew some basic guitar chords before I had ever heard of Guitar Hero.
DeVillains!
i got so god damn pathetically good at guitar hero, i said
damn, if i had learned the same amount of practice on a real guitar, i would be in a band already,
seriously i spent DAYS like full ****ing days on that game, now its on guitar and i have never looked back
James Hetfield!

And what anybody else thinks about him doesn't bug me... HE IS STILL THE MAN!
In primary school we had this class once. A guitar teacher (Mr. Chamberlain) had us pass around some acoustics and play them. For some reason he picked about 5 of us to teach, I was one of them.

We used to learn from him every week and at a Christmas show my group played. About 6 years later I got an electric, went to college and joined a band
I always wanted to play guitar. Since I was like 5. As soon as my parents let me I was like HELL YES and I started.
I just wanted to play some Tool songs
Action. Reaction. Like an eye for an eye from our tribal days.
Greenday was a big influence for me too. And the Living End

Quote by Våd Hamster

Page 1 of 3