Well, it's kinda funny that with all of the stuff I've done to guitars, I've never replaced a nut. Anyways, the nut on my Squire broke, so I'm going to replace it with one of these: http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Graph-Tech-Slotted-TremNut-for-Stratocaster?sku=360450

What problems may run into and is there anything I need to do with it before popping it in?

BTW: I've heard of people using a little dab of wood glue to secure their nuts (go ahead, laugh.) Is this a good idea or not?

Wow. I feel as clueless as I did when I first came in here
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
yep, just a dab of wood glue should do it
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
i've never replaced the nut on my strat(i need to though), but ive always heard people suggesting using a bit of wood glue so you should be fine
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
My graphtech nut came with fitting instructions anyway. It's quite an easy switch
Alright, cool. So, is it as simple as putting a little wood glue in the slot and popping it on?
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
well, what i did, was put some glue on it, stick it on, then string the 1st 3rd and 6th strings, this will clamp it on, just ahve to make sure its in the right location, but once the 3 strings are on, it shouldn't slide around too much.

alternativly you can clamp it.
Yeah if you have straight string pull you can use the strings as clamps

make sure you get the right nut, some have flat bottoms some curved, so they need to match your guitars nut slot.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man