I could really use ur help. How did u learn how to play guitar so well? Ive been playing for a couple of monthes and can u give me like some website link or something on how to play guitar like an expert?

I got this message from a fan on my YouTube account. Normally I just advise them to get a private teacher, as that's (in my opinion) the only reliable way to become a good guitarist. Lately, though, it's been bugging me how many of these kids think that they can log on to something like shredlikeagodin5minutesfree.com and click a button to get "mad tapping skillz," and that lessons are overrated.

Anyone else noticing/bothered by this trend?
Quote by longestsoloever
I got this message from a fan on my YouTube account. Normally I just advise them to get a private teacher, as that's (in my opinion) the only reliable way to become a good guitarist. Lately, though, it's been bugging me how many of these kids think that they can log on to something like shredlikeagodin5minutesfree.com and click a button to get "mad tapping skillz," and that lessons are overrated.

Anyone else noticing/bothered by this trend?

Yes.
A lot of people don't understand the time and effort needed.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Hellz no, I learned mah skillz from teh internets and mah 11 finger tapping is teh pwnz!!!1!

But seriously, not too bothered. They'll either give up when they don't get better in 5 minutes, saving themselves time because they didn't have the devotion anyway, or they'll just give up on the internet lessons and seek proper guidance.
If you want to improve quickly you need to practise a serious amount of hours in a day, i play about 1 hour a night if that and i haven't got any better. I don't want to be a great player, just want to play some songs i like and jam with friends
Manchester United
Quote by sashki
You have a link to guitar lessons in your signature.

Oh, the irony hurts by blackened heart.

Shoot.

That is unfortunate.

The point stands, though.
Why don't you tell them how much you practice?

Lessons can help set a beginner in the right direction, but it's practice that'll get them to their destination. That almost sounds like a proverb.
I think his lessons are like the UG lessons.
Those sidebar ads are the **** he's talking about.

But yeah, you should tell them how much you practice, might get the kid to actually try.
"Are you living the life that you dreamed of now? Or are you working just to survive? There's a war that is waged in your mind, it's forced inside, between desire and the roles with to comply."