I bought a set of straplocks for my SG, but upon preparing to install them, I noticed that the screws are really long. My fear is that on the straplock to be installed underneath the neck-base area, that the screw might mess with the neck/truss rod in some way. I put the screw against the area to kind of judge about how much room there would be between the end of the screw and the beginning of the fret-board, there's not much space to spare.
So, has anyone with an SG ever had this problem? And how did you go about getting around it?

EDIT: The screw is approximately 1 inch long. The thickness of the neck at that area is 1 and 1/4 inch.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Last edited by SGstriker at Mar 21, 2009,
Can you use the screw from the old strap button?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Maybe i'm missing something here but whats wrong with using the screwsalready on the guitar? unless this is some kinda strap lock i've never used.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by alkalineweeman
Maybe i'm missing something here but whats wrong with using the screwsalready on the guitar? unless this is some kinda strap lock i've never used.

it's a peavey straplock set. I know. I'm a cheapass and bought it because it was 5 dollars cheaper than the others. I don't plan on doing any guitar flips or anything though, so whatev.

The screw that came on the guitar is too thick at the top for it to fit through the strap lock.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by alkalineweeman

The screws may not fit through the new strap buttons. That's why they give you screws with the strap locks.

Anyway, I think it would be ok so long as the screw is shorter than the body is thick.
why dont you get the plastic dunlop ones? cost you next to nothing and don't require you to screw anything into your guitar
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
if nothing else, take a radial saw and shorten that screw up. that's what i'd do if i were in your position.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Move your Strap button?
Gear:

Tokai Les Paul LS65
Carvin MTS3200 212 Combo
Boss SD-1 with Monte Allums GT Mod
Dunlop Crybaby

100 Watt Marshall JCM900 2x12 Combo For Sale! £400! PM Me For Details/Offers...
I put schaller strap locks with much longer screws than the originals on my gibby sg, and they're great
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
the truss rod doesn't go that far down, I have Schallers on mine and have had no problems.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm