Hi I have a question on hooking my electric up to my computer to record.

I have a peavey vypyr amp and the only output on it is one of those mini jacks ( a headphone output)

So my question is,
If I want to hook my guitar up through my amp and have it record on my computer, what will I need to do this? Would I just need a cord that can go from a mini jack on my amp to a mini (headphone) jack on my computer?

Like would it work to plug it in directly from my amp output to my headphone input on my computer? Or would I need something different?

The easiest way to do it is to go from amp output right into your mic jack. Thats what it was designed to do.
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
Well, I know you can get an adapter for a dollar or two that will snap on to the end of a headphone cord. But I'm pretty sure you can't record with the headphone slot...
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
I think you are better off buying a cheap microphone...
MY Music
Chute CC-04 2x12
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Sorry I meant to say plug it from the output on my amp into the MIC jack on my computer. that would work, correct?