I'm returning my Schecter Hellraiser, because of a few issues I have with it. So, help me pick my new guitar. After returning it, I should get around $900. This leaves me with a few options.

Option 1: Ibanez STM1. I am a huge Dragonforce fan, and it would be really cool to have the guitar that Sam Totman plays. But that's not the only reason I would like it. I like the Edge III tremolo, dimarzio pickups, and the 24 fret neck. I've also been a fan of the Iceman shape for a while. http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBASTM1

Option 2: Epiphone 1958 Explorer. I have been a fan of the Explorer shape for a while, and they are really comfortable to play.

The type of music I want to play: Rock, metal, and occasionally dipping into blues and jazz.

Artists who songs I play: Dragonforce, Avenged Sevenfold, Coheed and cambria, Iron Maiden, Metallica, All that remains.

Also, I'm accepting any suggestions.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR (returning)
'66 Gibson Melody Maker
Line 6 Spider III 30 W
Last edited by WDwarfishT at Mar 21, 2009,
When you say you're a fan of the Edge III, have you ever actually used one, because they're are regarded as some of the worst tremolos out there.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
yeah the sam totman guitar is like wasted money imo
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
I haven't actually used the Edge III. What's wrong with it?
'66 Gibson Melody Maker
Line 6 Spider III 30 W
ive become a fan of the Randy Rhodes V's.. i just wish they came with duel emgs =[.. but yeah you should check out LTD's there great guitars.. i think you could get an ESP for 900 im not sure.. same company though
Well they supposedly don't hold tune very well, you're going to be tuning up every time you try to do a dive bomb.

Also I read that you'd like to be able to do jazz and blues occasionally and with the DiMarzio Evo's you'd be getting a very (imo) sterile sound. Great for metal and shredding, but not much else.

The Explorer would be more versatile.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
Quote by Black Label93
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_ex.html

you say you like the explorer shape eh?

*Jaw drops at the first one*

But they don't hold tuning well? Because I usually do dive bombs and things.
'66 Gibson Melody Maker
Line 6 Spider III 30 W
The edge 3 trem (among some other crappy bridges that ibanez has manufactured) is made of cheaper materials, so it wears down the knife edges much faster than it should. This results in instability of the trem, causing it to go out of tune constantly.
If you want a guitar with a trem, it's probably, for the sake of your own sanity, to look for one with an Official Floyd Rose.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

maybe a bc rich Assassin px3t
or an ESP LTD EC-1000

i'm not a big fan of ibanez but that iceman looks sexy as hell
Quote by salbarbz20
ive become a fan of the Randy Rhodes V's.. i just wish they came with duel emgs =[.. but yeah you should check out LTD's there great guitars.. i think you could get an ESP for 900 im not sure.. same company though

is this what your looking for if you dont mind having a sig guitar? http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/products.php?page=2&product=2900506870

On topic look at the LTD EX-401DX like Black Label93 sugested.
But if you arnt familure with floating tremolos i would stay away from them because you cant keep re tuning them and there a bitch to set up yoursef (I have an Edge 3) so i would stay away from the Ibanez STM1 if i were you.
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter 30th Anniversary PT
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
Edge III is basically cheap ****. It's like the Yugo of double-locking trem systems. And the EX, IMO, is the most God-awful abomination to the Explorer shape in the history of guitar enjoy.
person who put up the link for the matt tuck rhoads... keep in mind those are going to be something crazy around $2000
Once again what are the issues with the Schecter? It is a better guitar than your other options. If it truly has an issue that can not be fixed exchange it for another Hellraiser. They are damn good guitars. As for the Matt Tuck RR it should be priced in the same range as the other import V's such as the RR24 and Phil Demmel model which is around $1300.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Can someone please explain to me how a guitar that cost 6 million times more than the amp he owns will make him sound better and make him more capable than he already is (heheheh) at playing the genres he listed. Please someone tell me, I might go crazy here.
Guitar Gear
Marlin 2 Single 1 HumBuggy
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Blackstar HT-5 Combo
V-Amp2
Marshall MG10CD - Microwaved
Line6 Spider III 30w - Put it in the oven
Jackson soloist possibly?? One of my good friends has one, loves it. I havent played it extensively, however, and its all about personal preference. These are solid guitars for the type of music you play and artists you like. The price range is around $900-$1300, depending where you look and what model. Just throwing it out there
^

...and very much agree with mansoor.h about the amp issue. I'd upgrade if you're planning on throwing a grand or more on a guitar running out of a 30w spider
Well i would go with the epiphone if those are your only two choices and then drop in a floyd rose and maybe a pair of EMGs or Seymour Duncans