hi i just bought a new Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR a few hours ago and im loving it, but theres a thing that confuses me about this floyd rose bridge?? how can i tune it correctly? i just tuned it to Drop Db but it took like 20 min, and someone please explain this is a little more detail like what is the middle position??, thank you

Tuning -

1. Loosen the locking nut.
2. Set your fine tuners to middle position.
3. Tune up your guitar to standard or whichever tunings u wish. "Cross-tuning" = Tune the low E string> A string> low E string again> D string> low E string>A string... and so forth. Keep repeating for all strings. To make it easier, tune the previous string generally a bit sharper or about half step
sharper so you don't have to repeat cross-tuning too much.
4. If the floating bridge comes out, loosen the tunings and then tighten the springs in the tremolo cavity at the back, if the bridge sinks, then vice-versa, until the bridge is parallel to the body.
5. Be patient.
6. If you're happy with your tunings and your bridge is well centered/parallel, lock the nuts.
7. Tune again using the fine tuners.
Guitars
Paul Reed Smith: Mike Mushok Baritone w/BKP Juggernaut's
Ibanez: RG321MH

Alvarez: MD-60C
Amp
Randall RM100C
Stock BlackFace Module
Modded 2004 XTC 101B Module
Stock Treadplate Module
Wait, what exactly is the problem?

You explained how to do it, and said you did do it..
the middle position is where the fine tuners are not fully screwed in, but not totally unscrewed....in the middle
yea, but i didnt do it right, i kind of did it my own way, which really isnt that well, i just need it explained in more detail, because it SHOULDNT take like 10-20 minutes getting a tuning right, espically Drop Db
Guitars

Amp
Randall RM100C
Stock BlackFace Module
Stock Treadplate Module
if its a floating tremolo, then it should take a while. The strings add tension to the springs, so they need to kinda relax for a bit, which puts the strings out of tune. So you have to keep re-tuning essentially.
It's a floyd, it'll take as long as it takes.
Plain and simple.
But you should explain what you need help with, because it looks like im not the only one who is not clear on what your asking.
Quote by IbanezRG2EX1
yea, but i didnt do it right, i kind of did it my own way, which really isnt that well, i just need it explained in more detail, because it SHOULDNT take like 10-20 minutes getting a tuning right, espically Drop Db

yes, it should take that long unless you are experienced in doing so.

and it looks like you have step by step instructions so i dont see your problem...
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
alright, alright... thx, i thought there was a problem with tuning it that long, cause i never had a tremolo bridge guitar, espically floyd rose, ive always had fixed bridges but, alright, thx for ur help guys
Guitars

Amp
Randall RM100C
Stock BlackFace Module
Stock Treadplate Module