Thanks to GC selling me a seven-string pack with only six strings in it, i must use an extra from one of my back-up Dean Markley packs. So I must ask you, on the third string of the guitar (typically, the G-string) Should I go with 18p (plain) or 20w (wound)?

The 18 feels thicker and more tense than the 20, but I also know that with the 20 being wound, it's a lot less flexible in tuning than one would think. So, what do you guys think?
i'd go for the 20 wound
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by Skierinanutshel
i would say go back to GC and demand an exchange for a pack with seven strings.

+1 you deserve your money back or a replacement unless you have started putting the strings on
Quote by Skierinanutshel
i would say go back to GC and demand an exchange for a pack with seven strings.

yup

how could you not notice a missing string as you brought it home?
If you bring it back they will just think you took one of the strings out, unless the clerk is very cool and believes you.
I didn't open the pack until I got home, and I already had the first two strings on by the time I noticed I was missing one. And most of the clerks are douchebags, with the exception of the manager who only comes in the morning and at night.
Quote by Les Paul Ell
If you bring it back they will just think you took one of the strings out, unless the clerk is very cool and believes you.

Nah I don't think so... He won't risk it for a string.(Anyway the customer is always right so..) He'll probably give him a set of new strings!!!
Quote by bulldozerbob
I think someone stole my Yu-Hi-Oh cards from my class draw when I was little.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm homophobic. I can't stand gays.
Quote by Les Paul Ell

If he goes in and explains what happened, and then asks to exchange for a full set, they will have no problem. Only if he goes there and asks for a refund would they have reason to suspect him, as if he were trying to replace ONE string and get it for nothing.

Quote by Dirty_Civilian
What does the box say it would've been?

17, but the 18 guage just feels too thick for it.
Go back to GC And ask for a new pack
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
I could but I already got caught up in post-accident traffic, and now it'll be a combo of that and rush-hour traffic, and I have plans tonite.