Page 1 of 2
Hey guys, well Im starting up a record label for a college project, but Im pretty bad at names (yes it should be the least of my worries when starting a business) but just go ahead if you have an idea, post it.
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Well if I was going to start one i'd call it "Inevitably going to fail records" because then it would be ironic if it succeeded, but maybe that's just me.
Quote by aaciseric
Well if I was going to start one i'd call it "Inevitably going to fail records" because then it would be ironic if it succeeded, but maybe that's just me.

no no Id like the name to be amusing, but im not an amusing person so.....
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

Quote by TJelias2007
criminal records

best idea ever
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Roadkill Records
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by wicket_nirvana
best idea ever

But its already a label

I remember when someone came up to me, acting completely serious, and asked me if I wanted to sign to his label. I just burst into laughter, and was like 'not only am I already signed, but I'm two years older than you.'

Anyway, call it Tritech Records. It's the name of the first label I was with, they've gone bust now, and everything's been wiped.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
I remember when someone came up to me, acting completely serious, and asked me if I wanted to sign to his label. I just burst into laughter, and was like 'not only am I already signed, but I'm two years older than you.'

Anyway, call it Tritech Records. It's the name of the first label I was with, they've gone bust now, and everything's been wiped.

Can you tell people's ages from first meeting? Because that's a cool power.
"Not Another... Records" if you plan on signing any hardcore, indie, or scene pop bands.
Quote by aaciseric
Can you tell people's ages from first meeting? Because that's a cool power.

He did ask me at some point in the conversation, after we introduced ourselves.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Call it Failsauce Records.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by rabidguitarist
He did ask me at some point in the conversation, after we introduced ourselves.

I'll just leave quietly then ...
Quote by rasinañte
Prestige Worldwide

Boats and hoes, boats and hoes, I gotta have me mo' boats and hoes!
Quote by rabidguitarist

How's that something to laugh about? If anything, you should be honored to be recognized by somebody who believed that you have something to offer, even if he was two years younger than you were... and I'm not sure how being older means that you can't be on a label with somebody younger.
You could have also been less stuck up about it and simply told him that you're already signed but appreciated the gesture.

And, TS, naming a company shouldn't be the least of your worries seeing as that's what people are gonna see when you're trying to attract them.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
iAskedAForum Records
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
I'm thinking something like Warner Bro's or EMI, or something like that.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Call it Not A Record Label. That would be awesome.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.
Name it
GameLost records. That way, nobody can ever win the game when they're signed to your record label.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Loubot Records
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Use some adjectives, like Serious Records, Pretty Good Records, Neat Records, Nifty Records, Swish Records, Dumb Records, etc.
Escape Artist
Gingerbread Anonymous
LeftFootRight

add Records to the end of em, ofcourse.
this one is for you.
STI Records
Horseshoe Records
World Records
Blank Records
NVD Records
It's gonna be a blue day
Page 1 of 2