I am getting less than desired recording tones when micing my amp up. Last night, I had the chance to use an older Phonic mixer into the line-in of my M-Audio Fast Track USB, and it sounded a good amount better.

So, my idea:

OSP dl-330 --> Behringer XENYX 802 mixer --> M-audio Fast Track USB

Would this be my best choice? the mixer is $60, and there is little to no chance of being able to sell the interface.

With this what would you suggest? Stay with this or something else?

I record vocals, guitars (clean and OD, jazz to metal), acoustic guitar, bass, and hopefully keyboard.
I'm not necessarily looking to have more inputs or record at the same time, but better get a better sound and maybe record some stereo acoustics.

*Open to suggestions for mixers, the Behringer is newer/better version of Phonic I used. If there is better for the price, please tell me.
Last edited by dudey5691 at Mar 21, 2009,
I recorded most of the stuff in my profile with a Behringer 1002FX jacked into the line in of my sound card. It's a nice mixer. If you get an FX version you can add some reverb to your vocals or other recordings. They are a good value.

The reverb in the clip "Open Air" was from the mixer.
Quote by fly135
I recorded most of the stuff in my profile with a Behringer 1002FX jacked into the line in of my sound card. It's a nice mixer. If you get an FX version you can add some reverb to your vocals or other recordings. They are a good value.

The reverb in the clip "Open Air" was from the mixer.

Those sound pretty good!

Anyone else?

*I think behringer bought out Phonic, the mixer I was using, and the 1002 is the same as what I was using the other day!
Know of any QC changes? Behringer seems steady with their audio equipment (mixers, PA), not mics/amps. The phonic was ten years old and worked fine.