Basically, my Telecaster has had the strings on it since Christmas before last, and I've been playing it a ton recently, and the strings need changing badly.

I feel like the strings would be 9's, but they were on there when I got them, so I don't know. All I have are 10's, and I was wondering if it will hurt the neck to move up a gauge. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.
It shouldnt hurt. I changed to 10s from 9s on my Strat, but I had to add 2 extra springs in the back to hold my bridge down. Not sure with Tele's
It will be fine. Intonation might need adjusting.

And you could have searched... I see these kind of threads all the time!
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
most guitars come from the factory with 9's. You'll be okay, I think. Shouldn't be too much of a problem, if any at all.
the only thing that would hurt it would be using some EXTREMELY thick strings and bending them like crazy. if it is a good guitar, it won't come close to hurting it.
If you're gonna keep using 10's you may want to get a setup after you've gone through a few sets. The neck and intonation might need minor adjustments.
you might need a couple small adjustments, but nothing major. It won't hurt anything.
i recently changed the strings on my tele from 9's to 10's, didn't need any adjustment, the neck and intonation are just fine.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
.009's to .010's is no problem. if you go up to .011's though, you'll want to get it set up.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
.009's to .010's is no problem. if you go up to .011's though, you'll want to get it set up.

Best part about this is I did that and I didn't need another set-up on my strat.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
My strat came stock with 9's. I added two springs and I use 11's now. I'm always switching from 9's, 10's, to 11's and have no problems except a few dead bends. Just raise the action a bit if you have to
Calender

Quote by Xaldin714
why does Thin Lizzy sing in english if they are from ireland