Page 1 of 2
Hey, I need some good british sitcoms to watch, american tv sucks, so is there any good comedies or sitcoms or watever?
I can't help you with the comedies or the sitcoms, but the whatever is a subject that I am very knowledgeable about.

Actually, no I'm not.
But you should check out The IT Crowd... and that's about all the British TV I watch.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Red Dwarf.

Greatest EVER!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
If you haven't seen it already, Watch The Office. its alot funnier than the crap american rip off, Also Gavin And Stacey is pretty good...other than that stick to scrubs and south park and you'll be fine
The Inbetweeners

So funny, bring on the new series

Quote by christopher1990
If you haven't seen it already, Watch The Office. its alot funnier than the crap american rip off, Also Gavin And Stacey is pretty good...other than that stick to scrubs and south park and you'll be fine

No it's not, the British one pales in comparison to the much funnier American one, coming from someone British.
Last edited by bulldozerbob at Mar 21, 2009,
Quote by bulldozerbob
The Inbetweeners

So funny, bring on the new series

No it's not, the British one pales in comparison to the much funnier American one, coming from someone British.

You either have a very simple sense of humour or are just stupid, and don't get the English version.
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
You either have a very simple sense of humour or are just stupid, and don't get the English version.

And once again I'm the only British person with this opinion
Quote by DegaMeth
Fawlty Towers

Only Fools and Horses

This.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Simsimius
Red Dwarf.

Greatest EVER!

This man is right. Watch Red Dwarf.
TRANSFORMICE

Not really a sitcom, but the funniest British thing I've seen lately is a show from the late 90's/ early 00's. this show called Brass Eye.
PEEP SHOW THEY ARE GENIUSES

and it crowd, mighty boosh, inbetweeners, things like the fast show and smack the pony

if you lik peepe show mitchell and webb loko which is a sketch show by same people

spaced, big train

edit: the day today and brass eye
Blackadder
Red Dwarf
The New Statesman
Fawlty Towers
Garth Marenghi's Dark Place
Shameless
etc
etc

One day the otters will destroy you all... humans.
One foot in the grave - cant beat it
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
wow, much more responses than i expected, i'm currently watching IT crowd, i got seasons 1 and 2 and i think thats all there is? but im taking my time on it because its like the only thing i have to watch right now, i planed on getting the office, ill check out these other shows
Quote by fender1618
wow, much more responses than i expected, i'm currently watching IT crowd, i got seasons 1 and 2 and i think thats all there is? but im taking my time on it because its like the only thing i have to watch right now, i planed on getting the office, ill check out these other shows

Seriously,

The Inbetweeners
Quote by fender1618

There's a third season, but it's not good as first two, i think.
Most of the shows i was going to suggest have already been mentioned, but:

Black Books, Green Wing.
It's gonna be a blue day
Mock The Week (panel show with comedians)
Father Ted (Irish sitcom about a priests)
Still Game (Scottish sitcom about pensioners)
Peep Show
IT Crowd
Call me Batman.
i seem to notice that british sitcoms or w/e all have like 6 episodes per season, how many seasons come on a year? american sitcoms have normally at least 15 episodes + a season. btw i thought i would mention not ALL american tv is crap, i like a few shows, like lost, house, dexter, metalacolypse, south park, scrubs, but thats it, im working on getting a few of the mentioned shows
Quote by jmilli2

The New Statesman
Garth Marenghi's Dark Place

Hell. Fucking. Yeah!

Also, Black Books.
NOPE.
Quote by christopher1990
If you haven't seen it already, Watch The Office. its alot funnier than the crap american rip off,

WRONG! The US Office creams all over the original.

Try Father Ted and The Young Ones.
Quote by Skrewdriver
I took a shit out my grandma's back garden and blamed it on the dog....

Quote by DieGarbageMan
Epic win for benjo48
Last edited by benjo48 at Mar 21, 2009,
Quote by fender1618
i seem to notice that british sitcoms or w/e all have like 6 episodes per season, how many seasons come on a year? american sitcoms have normally at least 15 episodes + a season. btw i thought i would mention not ALL american tv is crap, i like a few shows, like lost, house, dexter, metalacolypse, south park, scrubs, but thats it, im working on getting a few of the mentioned shows

yh it;s normally 6 because its a bit more condensed i think and like 21 episode things can get a bit boring
Quote by fender1618

Only one season a year. Sometimes there's a christmas special though.
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by benjo48
WRONG! The US Office creams all over the original.

Try Father Ted.

High five about the Office
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Green Wing
Fawlty Towers
Mock The Week
Peep Show

all good stuff
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
BLACK ****ING ADDER!!!

series 2/3/4 are the best sitcoms ever. Dont watch series 1, its completely different.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
yea red dwarf looks pretty funny
im also getting phoenix nights, the inbetweeners, only fools and horses, fawlty towers. i pretty much just tried to find all the ones you guys suggested and those were the only ones i could really find
Quote by Simsimius
Red Dwarf.

Greatest EVER!

This or Black Books. I don't know if that's a sitcom or not though.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by Metallica1554
The Mighty Boosh is the best...
also there's a show called My family which used to be pretty damn funny

it is but a shadow of what it used to be.

but apart from old my family.

peep show
inbeetweeners
black adder
red dwarf
faulty towers
only fools and horses
bottom
young ones
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Quote by Simsimius
Red Dwarf.

Greatest EVER!

Also:
IT Crowd
Black Books
Spaced
The League of Gentlemen
The Office
Blackadder
BBC News
The Inbetweeners
Fawlty Towers
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by christopher1990

I've seen every episode of the BBC Office and I have seen a lot of the American ones. I have to agree that the US version is funnier, but I would say that the BBC version is much smarter.

The US version is a bunch of one liner jokes suited for an American audience which is based around the exact replication of the BBC Office. It is funny, but the BBC version has much more of a story behind it. Ricky Gervais plays a character that you actually seriously feel sorry for after watching it all, where as Steve Carrell just makes someone who looks like an idiot at certain points.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Page 1 of 2