Just a quick question, do you have to push the strings down on the fretboard as hard as you can, when playing.
Absolutely not, that will cause the note to go sharp.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
No. The guitar should be set up so you can just put a bit of pressure on the strings in order to make the notes. Just fool around with one note - press as hard as you can, then press easy. You'll see the note is there just by pressing easy.
Quote by Six-Six-Six
Just a quick question, do you have to push the strings down on the fretboard when playing.

Yes
"When sh*t becomes valuable, the poor will be born without assholes."
no, just enough to make a nice, buzzless sound, really
. . . . . . . . . . RunToTheHills<3

__Iron Maiden!
__Girls of UG!
i barely put pressure on my strings and they all sound, depends on finger strength and guitar setup how easy it becomes
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
Yep, depends on the setup. My first guitar, a crappy one, I could slide my foot through the distance between the fretboard and strings. So I had to press really2 hard and that was actually very demotivating to play songs that involve lots of barre chords. But during emergency, I just left out the notes on the E strings and played the other 4 strings with individual fingers. So that might help you when you need it or when you become too frustrated with barre chords