Are solid wood guitars any good? cuz im buying an Agile AL3000 and i was under the impression that someone told me that they were one piece.
on the webite it said

Solid mahogany (not a multi-ply!) arch top body
Triple bound body, and headstock. Single binding on neck

SO is that really good or just okay

I play through a BLues jr. and a Barber Direct drive and have plans to put a burstbucker 1 in the neck and 2 in the bridge.
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
yay and that is what its all about
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
Solid mahogany just means the whole body wood is mahogany. It might not necessarily mean that it is a one-piece.
But yes, one pieces are better. The lack of glue, and the continuing natural grain of the wood gives better sustain and tone.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
The Agile definitely won't be a one-piece body. Even Gibson and ESP LPs costing over a grand don't have one-piece bodies. Very, very few guitar brands still make guitars with one-piece bodies these days, and those that do charge a fortune for them and/or only do them in limited numbers. It's simply far easier, quicker and cheaper to make two, three or even four piece bodies.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Agile's upper range movels are 2 piece center jointed bodies. Also, MrFlibble is right, very few guitars are 1 piece bodies any more. Gibson has some that are, but I think most of the models below the LP studio/SG standard are multi piece.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.