Hey!
I finally got my Blackstar HT-5 Combo today... it's amazing!!!
I'll tell you a little about it, and I'll get a few things straight.

Ok, I won't tell you about it's specifications because you can find that out on the Blackstar website.

The things you probably want to know:

Can you gig with it? YES! This thing is really loud! Unmic'd I bet you would do fine for small/mediumish gigs, but when it's hooked up to a PA anything is possible. Most other people on this website will see that it has 5 watts and say it'll be unusable for gigs. DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS. Also I think that the clean channel doesn't break up until it's at about 5 o'clock.

Does it actually sound any good? YES. IT IS AMAZING.

Does the ISF control work well? Yes, it makes a subtle difference, but certainly noticable. If you turn it fully anti-clockwise and then play you'll think 'Hey, this amp has that great American tone'. But turn it fully clockwise and you'll be thinking, 'Wow this amp is really British sounding!

Can it play metal? - Yeah, but for more extreme Metalheads you can just use a specialized distortion pedal instead.

So now instead of me saying how 'amazing' it is, try and describe how it really sounds. The clean channel is nice and twangy, it has that Fender tone. But turn the Bass up and you get a really creamy, warm sound.
The overdive channel is so versatile. Keep the gain low and you get a crunchy overdrive, power it all the way up and things get insane.
Using the ISF knob, when it is turned all the way anti-clockwise (US side) you get a Metallica-ish sound and when it is turned all the way clockwise (UK side) you get a 'The Who' sound. I just can't stop playing Pinball Wizard!.
This is the perfect amp for me-Someone who plays at home alot but also does a few gigs, and also plays many genres of rock.

Ok, sorry it's been so long, I hope this has been helpful to you. If theres anything you'd like to know or that I have missed, please reply.

This amp is great!
Quote by ch0
I once trapped my left testicle in a vice. I have no left testicle.
Pics, clips? Good to see you like it.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by familybucket
Hey!
Most other people on this website will see that it has 5 watts and say it'll be unusable for gigs. DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS.

Most knowledgeable and logical and smart people on this site, would not say something that incredibly stupid.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Most knowledgeable and logical and smart people on this site, would not say something that incredibly stupid.

yes however thats not most people on this site
Quote by familybucket
Also I think that the clean channel doesn't break up until it's at about 5 o'clock.

5 o'clock would be like...all the way up?

and i like the the who part i'll have to try one
nice!

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Congrats on the new amp! I put in an order for the HT-5 head months ago and got fed up with all the emails telling me the back order date was pushed back another month.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
this. you can gig with a killer ant if you want to. hooray mics/PA's!

and on the NAD!

Unless you mic it..
It's great at bedroom volumes but i don't think it can do gigs

Also i think the Blackstar Ht-5 is a great buy for the price
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Quote by hendriko

5 o'clock would be like...all the way up?

and i like the the who part i'll have to try one
nice!

Yeah, sorry I said that unclearly, I meant 6 as being all the way up and so 5 is nearly fully turned up.

And yeah maybe you'll see what I mean about playing Pinball Wizard when you try it out!
Quote by ch0
Quote by IKnowItsWrong
Unless you mic it..
It's great at bedroom volumes but i don't think it can do gigs

Also i think the Blackstar Ht-5 is a great buy for the price

my point is that you would mic it, so i'm not sure what you are saying with the mic bit. again, you can easily gig with a one-watt amp if you have the ability to mic said amp and run it through the PA system. i've seen it done, and unless i was looking right at the amp, i never would have known it was only one watts.
Glad you like it, from what I've heard there great!

PICS, NAO
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Quote by Guitarmiester
Congrats on the new amp! I put in an order for the HT-5 head months ago and got fed up with all the emails telling me the back order date was pushed back another month.

Yeah I had to wait about a month after ordering it. But here in the UK I heard we recently got a massive batch in to the country- I don't think Blackstar were expecting such MASSIVE sales!
Quote by ch0
Quote by familybucket
Yeah, sorry I said that unclearly, I meant 6 as being all the way up and so 5 is nearly fully turned up.

And yeah maybe you'll see what I mean about playing Pinball Wizard when you try it out!

no probs.

so i guess its a kinda bright amp?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Glad you like it, from what I've heard there great!

PICS, NAO

Yeah I'll promise you I'll put some up tomorrow (It's dark here in the UK right now). I'll do it tomorrow when we have more light.

The weather's been great recently here in England!
Quote by ch0
Last edited by familybucket at Mar 21, 2009,
I need pics!!!

I looked at getting one of these before I found my JCM, congrats on your NAD. I can easily say I'm jealous, those amps look and sound great for about $400!
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
Quote by hendriko
no probs.

so i guess its a kinda bright amp?

Well of course you can get quite a bright sound out of it, but if you don't want that don't worry, by using the bass, treble, mid and ISF knobs you can get a creamier, less bright sound if you want! IT's extremely versatile!
Quote by ch0
Congrats! Welcome to the Club of HT-5 owners.
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
Quote by Skierinanutshel
my point is that you would mic it, so i'm not sure what you are saying with the mic bit. again, you can easily gig with a one-watt amp if you have the ability to mic said amp and run it through the PA system. i've seen it done, and unless i was looking right at the amp, i never would have known it was only one watts.

It has 5 watts.
Quote by ch0
Quote by k7apex
Congrats! Welcome to the Club of HT-5 owners.

Yay! Do you like yours?
Quote by ch0
Quote by familybucket
Well of course you can get quite a bright sound out of it, but if you don't want that don't worry, by using the bass, treble, mid and ISF knobs you can get a creamier, less bright sound if you want! IT's extremely versatile!

well i was just assuming that it is since townshend has a quite bright sound - i like that though, too much flabbyness sucks

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

I've been drooling over an HT-5 for a few months now, I'm ordering one as soon as I get a job.
The Rig
Gibson Flying V
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR GT-OD
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-3
Quote by familybucket
Yay! Do you like yours?

Yea, i love the thing. I've got the mini stack. I run it through the 2 1x10 blackstar cabinets, although i ran it through a marshall 4x12 slanted cab it it sounded AMAZING. I also have some pedals running through it using the F/X loop and its works like a dream.
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
I really want to give one of these boogers a shot.

It's a toss up for my next practice amp, HT-5 or Vox Night Train.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio