hey guys, im looking to get a tighter tone out of my rg50tc im fine with note defenition/ chord clarity, but i want a tighter palm mute sound.

Now i used to use a digitech metal master before, it was horrid but its redeeming features were its tight chug but of course apart from that its ****e.
so i read in a mag about tube screamers will this help tighten up the sound with ruining it?

thx
what's your current eq look like?
and yes, a tube screamer could help you "tighten" up your sound, or give it a boost.
Definitely get an EQ to help tighten your tone. I recommend the MXR 10 band.
Gear:
Ibanez Prestige 1421F
Epi Les Paul Ultra (With SD JB/Jazz pups)
Bugera 120w 333xl 212 combo
Peavey ValveKing 50w 112 combo (Eminence Texas Heat 12" speaker)
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
MXR M108 10 band EQ.
Dunlop Slash Crybaby Wah.
Quote by BadAxxe
Definitely get an EQ to help tighten your tone. I recommend the MXR 10 band.

i was always thinking about the mxr 10 band its £12 cheaper than the TS9 will it definetly be able to tighten ?
Quote by razorback91
i was always thinking about the mxr 10 band its £12 cheaper than the TS9 will it definetly be able to tighten ?

I actually have both. Have had the TS9 for a while, just got the EQ today. The TS9 does tighten, and it just might be what u are looking for. If you go that route, try not even using the TS9 gain. Set that to zero, and turn the TS9 volume all the way up. Set tone knob to taste. But the EQ I must say is amazing. I didn't know I could do what I am doing with my tone on my the amp I own.
Gear:
Ibanez Prestige 1421F
Epi Les Paul Ultra (With SD JB/Jazz pups)
Bugera 120w 333xl 212 combo
Peavey ValveKing 50w 112 combo (Eminence Texas Heat 12" speaker)
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
MXR M108 10 band EQ.
Dunlop Slash Crybaby Wah.
an EQ might help, but if its mainly tightness that you need help with, get a digitech bad monkey. basically, you would simply lower the gain on the amp a notch maybe, and then on the bad monkey you set the drive all the way off and level pretty high (most people dime theirs i usually dont so...) and that should do the trick. dialing some bass out and adjusting the mids should help too. what are your amp settings though, including gain, we might be able to help the problem now for meanwhile
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Turn your bass knob down a few notches.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
Turn your bass knob down a few notches.

this, when you start playing with bands/in a mix, you'll notice that a good amount of bass, even if its not THAT much, will make your guitar muddier, less tighter, and will make the bass and drums not sound clear and audible.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.