Hey

Im looking for an ibanez feel, i personally LOVE the feel of ibanez RG series, and stevie vai series aswell. But i want the sound of a les paul since its just 100X better sounding and i need SUSTAIN!!! , and the look of a les paul, with a floyd rose aswell. Does anyone know any types of guitars like these? OR where i can get one custom built?

But i need the feel of an ibanez. I cant explain it but, les paul has a bigger gap between the strings(Between them not between them and fret board) then ibanez/strats witch makes it so hard to shred on. I guess because of wider fret board
ibanez with gibson pickups?
My Gear:
Epiphone Classic Les Paul
Ibanez JS1000 w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz and Pearly Gates
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
the reason Les pauls are so good is because of their shape and size of wood sustain all that. If im not mistaken The Hagstrom Super Swede has strat style necks (good playability) and a les paul shape and thickness and humbuckers. Ibanez guitars are so totally dead end its just pathetic
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
the only good thing i could think of would be to get the ec-1000 with the floyd rose and swap the EMG's for a good pair of passives
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
For an alternative to all the very good suggestions everyone else has given so far.
Agile makes a thin neck'ed les paul which is really good quality for the price (or twice it's price for that matter). Check out rondomusic for details.
Les paul's don't sound 100x better then ibanez. Most of the tone is in your amp and fingers. Floyd rose cut away some sustain but you can put a sustainer on your guitar or compressor in your fx I guess. The les paul sustain comes from the single cutaway neck joint I think. I'd recommend getting an rg series ibanez and change the pickups to the sound you want and perhaps put a fernandes sustainer on it.
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Quote by warman2442
les paul has a bigger gap between the strings(Between them not between them and fret board) then ibanez/strats witch makes it so hard to shred on. I guess because of wider fret board
Actually if anything the LP will have a small fretboard width, with narrower string spacing.

Also any guitar with a Floyd Rose is going to have fairly wide string spacing. If you want your strings to be closer together then you should stay away from guitars with Floyd Rose bridges.

Anyway, sounds like you need an ESP/LTD Eclipse guitar. They're LP copies with slimmer necks, bigger frets, and Floyd Rose bridges.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
A Les Paul has closer string spacing than an Ibanez...
Either way, I agree with the suggestions for an ESP/LTD Eclipse, very comfortable to play on

http://www.music123.com/ESP-LTD-EC-1000-FR-Electric-Guitar-527000-i1427030.Music123

Edit: There was definitely another thread nearly identical to this one a week ago...
GEAR:
Washburn WI64DL Idol
Squier HELLO KITTY STRAT
Ibanez GRG270
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Microcube
Last edited by PREQUEL2SEQUEL at Mar 21, 2009,
Does it have to be Les Paul Shaped? What about somthing along the lines of Double cutaway.Agile makes a Double cutaway with a Floyd you may like. What aspect of the Les Paul do you want combined with a Ibanez aspect?
Quote by burnboy85
Does it have to be Les Paul Shaped? What about somthing along the lines of Double cutaway.Agile makes a Double cutaway with a Floyd you may like. What aspect of the Les Paul do you want combined with a Ibanez aspect?

He specifically lsaid he wanted the sound of the LP with the thinner neck and string spacing of the Ibanez. How'd you miss that?!
Quote by burnboy85
He already said, it's the tone and sustain. An LP's tone and sustain mostly comes from it's relatively huge wood mass, any kind of double cut lacks that.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
if you want the sound of a lespaul then buy an ibanez s series guitar they are made of mahogany just like lespauls but instead of the whole body being thick and weighing a million pounds the ibanez s series is super thin the wood is build up around the pickups and the rest of the guitar just thins out you should look on youtube for a better description but the ibanez s series is the best guitar ever made
the cheapest way to solve your problems is to throw some emg's on your **** traditionally ibanez is the best in my opinion but they're stock inf pickups suck ass and raising your pickups increases your sustain
Quote by MrFlibble
Actually if anything the LP will have a small fretboard width, with narrower string spacing.

i played an epi at GC one day and it was like wow, these strings are really close together..

but the necks are usually thicker on Gibby's.
I don't think you'll find it. The ibanez feel comes from the unfinished maple neck, jumbo frets, flat fretboard, and 25.5" scale. The Les Paul tone comes from thick mahogany necks, and 24.75" scale. You have to decide which is more important to you. Play a bunch of guitars and see which characteristics you like the most.
You can't have both Ibanez feel and LP tone. Closest you could get might be LTD or ESP Ec/Eclipse II series.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.