So I have been having a problem with my harddrive (I think) lately. When I play music on my computer with any media player (Winamp, Windows MP, Songbird) it gets kinda jumpy (the music) or if I am looking through the folder with the music on it, the music gets unrecognizable. I should add that this hard drive is not the master, it is a slave, in case that could have anything to do with it.
Kramer Striker FR-424
Fender Starcaster
Roland Cube 30
Roland Mini Cube

Digitech RP90
Squier P-Bass (Insanely modded)
Fender Rumble 15
The Computer Thread will be able to help you better I would say.

But maybe do a virus scan or maybe there is some things running that are taking up all your ram?

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
At the moment there is 30 gigs of music, and thats pretty much all there is on the hard drive, and its is a 300 gig hard drive.
Kramer Striker FR-424
Fender Starcaster
Roland Cube 30
Roland Mini Cube

Digitech RP90
Fender Rumble 15
I have AVG and Spybot running, and I have run virus scans already
Kramer Striker FR-424
Fender Starcaster
Roland Cube 30
Roland Mini Cube

Digitech RP90
Fender Rumble 15
Well like I said, Ive tried many media players and they all have the same problem, I think my computer is reading the music right off the hard drive instead of from the RAM, if that makes any sense.
Kramer Striker FR-424
Fender Starcaster
Roland Cube 30
Roland Mini Cube

Digitech RP90
Fender Rumble 15
Quote by BTSleadguitar
Well like I said, Ive tried many media players and they all have the same problem, I think my computer is reading the music right off the hard drive instead of from the RAM, if that makes any sense.

impossible lol

I think you just need more ram, if you think you have enough make sure it is all working probably. close down all unneeded programs and stop them at start up by going to Run and typing msconfig. then go to the startup tab and turn off **** you don't need like itunes, real player, etc. this doesn't mean they wont work, just means they wont run as soon as your pc turns on.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
I have got 1.5 gigs of RAM, and nothing is running besides Mozilla and Windows media player, and the anti virus programs mentioned in a previous post. I am quite confused.
Kramer Striker FR-424
Fender Starcaster
Roland Cube 30
Roland Mini Cube

Digitech RP90
Fender Rumble 15
sounds odd. try to uninstall the players and install them again.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!