I'm looking at buying a new guitar. However, my hands are pretty small, so I need a guitar with small frets. There aren't any guitar stores near me, so trying one out is difficult. I like playing classic rock, and I'm willing to spend up to $700. Can anyone make a recommendation?
Well, just remember that there's no shame in a 3/4 or 1/2 size guitar. But if you do want a full sized one, then go for a "short scale" guitar. These are gibsons, and most gibson copies, NOT strats.
Quote by Ikonoklast
Tie her up and drive her into some woods, pour petrol over her and then ask her if she wants you back.

Anyone in Birmingham, England meet up for a Jam?

Quote by uk.mace
My hand gave me a handjob

Won't give me a f*cking blowjob though
"small frets"???? as in closer together?
I doubt that exists, it would mess with the scale/sound of the guitar wouldnt it?
Last edited by Capt_Clarkson at Mar 21, 2009,
don't buy a Gibson, i don't know about the frets but it has a thick neck. if you are looking for an acoustic, then you'll find 1/2 or 1/4 body size guitars with smaller frets.
since your budget is pretty much, you can look for some custom made guitars
Ibanez have some tiny necks. (Thin, that is. The reason i boguht an Ibanez bass, yet I'm 6'2 with huge hands) Maybe you can find a 24 3/4 scale instead of the 25 1/2? Idk much about the standard scale lengths of guitars...
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Look online for a second hand japanese pre-law suit les paul copy. Eg. burny, tokai, ibanez
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
I have short, fat fingers and my 25.5" scale ibanez is perfect for me. I find the scale isn't the problem so much as the profile of the neck. (I can play an ibanez bass fine also).
Ibanez has a mikro series and there's an ESP LTD kh-2(02?) short scale. it's about a 20" scale. not too sure if that measurement's correct.
Actually, to me it seems like strats have much smaller frets than gibsons. I would say get a strat.
Quote by JELIFISH19
Fender Jaguar

This.

Vintage frets + shorter scale

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

HH jag

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by JELIFISH19
Fender Jaguar

+1
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
um...what does fret size have to do with having small hands? id be more worried about neck fatness
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
1. unless you are 5 yrs old, dont get a 3/4 or 1/2. impossible to keep in tune along the board.

2. short frets, i guess you mean, easy to reach frets.
dont get a gibson. heavy guitar wide flat board. harder to hold and fret.

3. look at ibanez wizard necks. light and easy to grip board.

you might not want a floyd bridge. so check out fixed bridges.

4. also make sure you arent wrapping your thumb around the fretboard.
needs to be behind the neck.

it's all technique, not how big you are, or how small your board is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98y0Q7nLGWk
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Mar 28, 2009,
What does small hands have to dow ith small frets. Medium/Jumbo/XJ or whatever refer to the size of the fretwire, get an epiphone if you don't have much money because it is a smaller scale. Also unless you are 7 any guitar is fine.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.