I got this email earlier today, regarding my amp on craigslist...

Hello Seller,

I would love to buy your item,all i want to know if is still in good conditions for use and if you're willing to accept a certified cashier check or money oder, I am okay with the price of the item and will make the payment as soon as possible.And also,don't worry about the pick up, i know a forwarding courier services here that will pick it up. And it would be done after you've got your check cashed. I await your response asap and I will response promptly as well.I wouldn't mind a $80 extra for you so you can be able to hold the item for me and also tell other interested parties that it has been sold,because i want to get it for my in law who would be celebrating his birthday soon,so i wouldn't want to loose the item.If this is okay with get back with the information today to enable me mail out the payment asap.

Name:
Address:
City:
state:
Zipcode:
phone#
Final asking price:
I await your reply.

it sounds pretty sketchy, but I figure if they send me a fake check and I still have my amp, I didn't lose anything.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
send them back a picture of your penis, then you'll see how much they want the amp...
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Obvious scam...
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Quote by stratty matt
Yeah....

i think you got that backwards... maybe not
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
So you cash the cheque, then he gets it?

How does this sound scammy again?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CTFOD
So you cash the cheque, then he gets it?

How does this sound scammy again?

He's most likely going to email me saying something along the lines of

"I'm going to send you $3000 dollars via cashiers check, once you cash it and deduct the price of the item, please forward the rest of the money to (random recipient)" claiming they are some sort of moving company to pick up the amp.

So, I cash a fake check and send REAL money to this 2nd guy, who disappears off the face of the planet, and weeks later the bank calls me saying the check was fake and I owe them the $3,000.

So, I'm going to ride this out and see if they give me their number. If they don't that's a clear sign it's a scam
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Last edited by touji-za-nai at Mar 21, 2009,
um..call him?
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
You can see if they are going to scam you by trying it but, THEY ARE GOING TO SCAM YOU, or at least try. Otherwise they would have said something about the amp, not, "your item". My friend once got scammed out of 200 bucks, this same way. If they arent willing to pay cash or give you a address to ship it to, they are lying. (Most of the time)
Kramer Striker FR-424
Fender Starcaster
Roland Cube 30
Roland Mini Cube

Digitech RP90
Squier P-Bass (Insanely modded)
Fender Rumble 15