What are the easiest 5 Pink Floyd Songs to learn on guitar? I fancy learning to play some Floyd...

Thanks,

Yaffle
wish you were here is pretty easy
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
another brick in the wall
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by TimBFMV
wish you were here is pretty easy

damnit beaten to it
My Gear:
Epiphone Classic Les Paul
Ibanez JS1000 w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz and Pearly Gates
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
The Intro and solo to hey you is easy
comfortably numb solo is easy peasy
um Time solo is easy too
Us and them is real easy
Last edited by amd123 at Mar 21, 2009,
Quote by yaffle
What are the easiest 5 Pink Floyd Songs to learn on guitar? I fancy learning to play some Floyd...

Thanks,

Yaffle

As you can see from the songs listed already there are alot of great Floyd songs that are not overly difficult. In fact as you start to study Floyd you are going to notice that from a technical stand point none of their work is exceedingly difficult.

The trick to playing Floyd is being able to emulate Gilmours technique. His ability to bleed every note to its full potential is uncanny. He is no shredder but his solo's are masterful. I really encourage you to pursue your desire. Study Gilmour and you will never regret it. I think you will find that your accuracy and precision will grow exponentially.

Great choice !!
If you think Time solo is easy or Comfortably Numb then I doubt you're playing it right.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
In the Flesh is pretty easy and it sounds cool. So is Young Lust.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by DSOTM80
If you think Time solo is easy or Comfortably Numb then I doubt you're playing it right.

Seriously, although the first solo in CN isn't too hard, the Time solo and the first in CN are hard.
Thanks Guys!

I think I'll try Wish You Were Here first as I am obsessed with that song...lol
Quote by DSOTM80

They are for me... But I've been studying Gilmour's technique for at least two years.

Yeah, go for Comfortably numb, but take your time on the solo and GET IT RIGHT. I mean play with the recording and make it so you can't tell the difference between the two. If you haven't noticed, I'm sick of people butchering that solo
All their songs aren't too difficult to play, they're usually around 4-6 chords to learn plus a solo which isn't really hard.their music sounds complete because they were awesome with their effects and technology that was available back then.everybody in the band played a major role so it sounded beautiful.
I don't mean what I write in my posts.So don't argue back on it,and don't check me..Because,though I don't mean them,they are the only way I can increase my post count.
Quote by DSOTM80

Comfortably numb is all tone and feeling. Not a lot of technique. This is good because it makes it really easy to change and expand upon. John Petrucci cut to it in the middle of a song when I saw dream theater a while ago
UG's Prodigal Son
Quote by rahul.gxr370
reported !. . .wrong section

David Gilmour used electric guitars, and TS wants to play their songs on an electric guitar. So quit being a forum nazi, stupid 08ers.

EDIT: Nah, this guy's just stupid. My bad.
Run like Hell is really easy its just you need the effects to make it sound good
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
How about Brain Damage/Eclipse?
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Mother is fun to play and sing along with, and thie solo, while short, is rewarding to learn.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Breathe
Comfortably Numb
Another Brick in the Wall Pt. II
Time
Eclipse
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.