Ok so i've got a Line 6 Spider III 30 Watt amp which is only a few weeks old (I got it for £135) however recently its been buzzing like mad and so Im soon gonna have to take it back, shall I either, just replace it and keep the same model or get my money back and buy another amp at that same price?

I want an amp that has distortion on it and also it has to be maneuvrable. Any suggestions?

Shall I keep it or get another one (max price £150).
Bring it back, get your money back and if you like modelling amps, get a peavey vypyr. A Roland Cube would be better too but I think they might be a little more.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
sure your not just holding the guitar near anything electrical? eg. T.V or Laptop? that would explain the buzzing
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
sure your not just holding the guitar near anything electrical? eg. T.V or Laptop? that would explain the buzzing

No... about 2 metres from my comp but that is all?

EDIT: also, why does everyone say the spider is ****? It's not THAT bad is it?
Last edited by livnew at Mar 21, 2009,
Sell your Spider, so you have about £350. You can't get anything too great with only £150.

What kind of music are you playing?
i have a spider III 30 watt which is £135 dude, i no, with a low budget i cant get much but meh

I play rock mainly, punk rock ya no
Quote by livnew
bump capt_clarkson

oh sorry man
ermm well I'am not sure man, how bad is the buzzing? really loud?
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
oh sorry man
ermm well I'am not sure man, how bad is the buzzing? really loud?

kinda like goes on and off, sometimes its like LOUD sometimes its unhearable... i got a years warranty so like... its k for sometime lol
Quote by livnew
kinda like goes on and off, sometimes its like LOUD sometimes its unhearable... i got a years warranty so like... its k for sometime lol

yeah must be a problem with the amp then, have a look at some of the Roland Cube's, most people here will agree they are the best practice amp around
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
yeah must be a problem with the amp then, have a look at some of the Roland Cube's, most people here will agree they are the best practice amp around

Ok thanks for that, could it be the guitar?

EDIT: is the Roland Cube 20X better than my current amp?
Last edited by livnew at Mar 21, 2009,
Quote by livnew
Ok thanks for that, could it be the guitar?

well it could be... try it with another amp, if you get the same problem then it is either the guitar or a faulty guitar/amp lead

and yeah alot (no offence to your amp)
I've got a Cube-30x and I love it
Last edited by Capt_Clarkson at Mar 21, 2009,
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
well it could be... try it with another amp, if you get the same problem then it is either the guitar or a faulty guitar/amp lead

and yeah alot (no offence to your amp)
I've got a Cube-30x and I love it

Ok, thanks for all the help...
one more question... what effects does the roland cube have?
Quote by livnew
i have a spider III 30 watt which is £135 dude, i no, with a low budget i cant get much but meh

I play rock mainly, punk rock ya no

Oh, I added $200 to £150 and got £350. I'm so out of it

Definitely agree with the cube, but don't go with the 20x. Save up a bit and get the 30x, its definitely worth it. You get more effects IIRC, and more amp models to choose from.
Last edited by The_Bosstone at Mar 21, 2009,
Quote by livnew
Ok, thanks for all the help...
one more question... what effects does the roland cube have?

Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Tremolo, Delay and Reverb
plus its got a load of amp models built into it aswell
Take the spider back, then go used for a cube 30/30x. A used cube 30 will set you back about £80, and the 30x used is about £110, and both are considerably better than the spider.
Quote by dandadog
Take the spider back, then go used for a cube 30/30x. A used cube 30 will set you back about £80, and the 30x used is about £110, and both are considerably better than the spider.

Hey guys, went to my local music store yesterday to test the Roland Cube 30X and in all honesty, it sounded similar to the spider and for what I need it for (a practice amp) I really don't see the point in shelling out another £50 for new. I could go used but with my experience of used products as a whole I probably won't go there!

I havn't tried the vypyr yet though.