Aye
I have completed my idea of a Eddie Van Halen and Glen Tipton Stratocaster. I am very pleased with the end result and I love the guitar.
I bought a second hand cheap strat copy and decided to customize it. I wanted to incoperate two of my top five guitarist in it.

GLEN TIPTON

I got the mirror pickguard idea and the Dimarzio Super Distortion pickup from that guitar. Unfortunatelty i couldnt find a creame pickup so i just went with the black one instead. This guitar is one of my all time favourite guitars. One day i'll try make an exact replica of that guitar (maybe my next project?).

EDDIE VAN HALEN

I know many people have tried to replicate this guitar as its the most inspiring guitar, i just tried to use the same concept but just change it around a bit. I wanted the pure white but my guitar turned out a creamy due to the clear coat which i applied. I'm still happy with the colour. I made my paint job look battered and worn which i loved.

This is the final look of my guitar, tell me what you think

THANKS!
That is one sexy EVH/Tipton strat there... Needs the Kahler trem though, or a FR.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Lookin' nicely aged.
But I'm not seeing a hella lot of the Tipton strat in there :-/

The mirror pickguard and the dimarzio super distortion were ment to be the Glen tipton parts but i didnt find the right colour pickup so that was a let down
i will get a Kahler tremolo system when i get enough money though
does any one know the exact Kahler model Glen Tipton uses?
Last edited by 2848_RAD at Mar 21, 2009,
the only EVH stripe pattern ive ever liked,

(hopefully the fanboys wont kill me)
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148

Yerr thanks
i didnt really want it look like the other copies others have done so i planned it out a lot before hand
Looks cool! How does it play and sound? Is that a semi-gloss or a matte finish, can't tell from the flash in 2nd pic down.
Quote by lumberjack
Looks cool! How does it play and sound? Is that a semi-gloss or a matte finish, can't tell from the flash in 2nd pic down.

it play nice
its has a real bright sound i think maybe cause i removed one of the tone pots which people say removing it makes it sound like as if the tone is on 11 (or something like that). I love the sound of it. It has the perfect tone i wanted.
I painted it with matte paint then sprayed a clear coat which kind of made it glossy and matte at the same time
Quote by Diamond Dave
would look better with a maple neck man, and a FR would be sick

Yerr im thinking the same thing
my next step is going to have to be a maple neck and a kahler tremolo to fully complete this guitar
Last edited by 2848_RAD at Mar 22, 2009,
Quote by conor1148

Agreed. This build is much more unique than all the other EVH builds.
Quote by 2848_RAD
The mirror pickguard and the dimarzio super distortion were ment to be the Glen tipton parts but i didnt find the right colour pickup so that was a let down
i will get a Kahler tremolo system when i get enough money though
does any one know the exact Kahler model Glen Tipton uses?

Yeah I saw that, and the sound it'll create will see the Tipton-esque features of the guitar but from looking straight at it (until a kahler is added ) it seems a lil' less Tipton. Still a fine guitar though!

And on the Kahler, I'd go against getting what Tipton used, within reason, get the one that'll be easiest to fit to that guitar, if that happens to be the model Tipton uses then it's just a bonus
Quote by MoleMania
Agreed. This build is much more unique than all the other EVH builds.

Yerr thanks i really wanted it to be a unique van halen build
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Yeah I saw that, and the sound it'll create will see the Tipton-esque features of the guitar but from looking straight at it (until a kahler is added ) it seems a lil' less Tipton. Still a fine guitar though!

And on the Kahler, I'd go against getting what Tipton used, within reason, get the one that'll be easiest to fit to that guitar, if that happens to be the model Tipton uses then it's just a bonus

Ok i see what you mean
thanks
Im going to install a Fender Lace Sensor Gold in the neck and Fender Lace Sensor Silver in the Middle
I like you're build, and I'm thinking of building a Glenn Tipton strat someday. Ever after opening my Defenders of the Faith album, and seeing that picture of the V, strat, and halford all lined up, I've always wanted that Strat.

Do you know if the Kahler was installed in that picture? It's hard to tell, but you can see that there definitely isn't a locking nut or anything (I couldn't see if there's a locking nut in the picture you posted of Glenn Tipton holding that strat, either).

Also, I can't tell if it's really a mirrored pickguard, or almost like a sparkle pickguard. In all the pictures, it looks sparkly. Maybe that's just the lights. Does anyone know?

Thanks for the info!
very nice work, great idea on combining 2 guitars to make something a bit more unique.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by SeismicAssault
I like you're build, and I'm thinking of building a Glenn Tipton strat someday. Ever after opening my Defenders of the Faith album, and seeing that picture of the V, strat, and halford all lined up, I've always wanted that Strat.

Do you know if the Kahler was installed in that picture? It's hard to tell, but you can see that there definitely isn't a locking nut or anything (I couldn't see if there's a locking nut in the picture you posted of Glenn Tipton holding that strat, either).

Also, I can't tell if it's really a mirrored pickguard, or almost like a sparkle pickguard. In all the pictures, it looks sparkly. Maybe that's just the lights. Does anyone know?

Thanks for the info!

Yerr thanks
Im not really sure about the kahler it looks like theres a kahler bridge but im not sure seeing theres no locking nut.
You should check out the Live Vengenace 82' DVD. It has some close ups of the strat and the SG which shows the mirror pickguard.
The video below is apart of that DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zInasdz2mg
I'm not a huge fan. I just don't really like the "Van Halen stripes" all too much. But to each his own and I see that you sure like it, and that's all that matters.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
After getting my Charvel San Dimas Style 2 im thinking of making final modifications to my strat. I've got a few things in mind which I want to do to this guitar before I retire it.

Here's the list of things to do (please give me your opinions on the following things);
1) Give it a final layer of paint- Im thinking of putting a layer of Orange on top, making it like the Frankenstrat but just orange. I'm picking orange as a tribute to my Orange 0.6mm Tortex picks, orange packet of Ernie Ball Hybird Slinky Strings and my Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz Pedal.

2) Changing the pickup selector to a three way switch - Im sick of having the five way switch.

3) Find a 1971 coin - i want to replicate the 1971 coin like on Eddie's frankenstein and just screw a coin, but im going to have to screw in a Australian coin. (I know Eddie did it for Function ability but im just doing it for the hell of it).

4) Getting a Maple Neck.
Last edited by 2848_RAD at Aug 24, 2009,