has to be loud enough to practice and gig
needs reverb
needs good smooth cleans and chunky distortion that wil rip faces off
basicaly blues to metal core
Last edited by stuartstratford at Mar 21, 2009,
is REVEB anything like reverb?

Quote by JUICEBOXZERO93
Fender frontman 212

this for cleans, and get an mg and use that for its crushing overdrive channel.
███████████████████████████████████
Last edited by tona_107 at Mar 21, 2009,
Bugera 6260 or the 333 if you can shop around.

You will LOVE it.

Very very good for metal basically a peavey 6505/5150 series clone but for much less. As for its cleans I think I'll leave it to the rest of ug to give you an opinion as I can never tell so much. (it's a nice...ummm clean sound....yeah) Basically it's pretty good in the clean department and is face ripping in the gain department, still ask around for this amp, it's one to consider in your budget!

I'd say 120w of tube is enough to gig with
Guitar Gear
Marlin 2 Single 1 HumBuggy
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Blackstar HT-5 Combo
V-Amp2
Marshall MG10CD - Microwaved
Line6 Spider III 30w - Put it in the oven
Last edited by mansoor.h at Mar 21, 2009,
They're respectable amps too but not to be biased, but nothing beats the sound of a full tube amp.

I'd most certainly go with the bugera, but it's preference (I hate saying that). Go into a store and try them, you really don't want to regret not trying out the bugera as well as the randall before buying either, it'll be that niggling doubt in the back of your mind till you finally do.
Guitar Gear
Marlin 2 Single 1 HumBuggy
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Blackstar HT-5 Combo
V-Amp2
Marshall MG10CD - Microwaved
Line6 Spider III 30w - Put it in the oven
yeah your right man !!
i have tried the randall killed in tone volume and bass respose everything i tried but there was no burgera in sight
pluss i think there just a tad over muy budget i have heard that there awsome amps
TUBES are better but the people ill be playing to wont know the diferents to be honest