Alright, I know nothing about recording at all. I want to record covers onto my computer to put them onto my Music Myspace but I don't know how to accomplish this. Any ideas?
for mediocore quality download Audacity for free, and use either a mic or your mic in your computer (warning about that: amp on LOW volume...i blew my mic in my computer when i was starting out, lol)
Quote by djmay71
for mediocore quality download Audacity for free, and use either a mic or your mic in your computer (warning about that: amp on LOW volume...i blew my mic in my computer when i was starting out, lol)

i am not a fan of audacity. i can get any software for free (you know what i mean) so what should i get thats good quality?

edit to first poster: my budget is pretty low since i want a new amp first because im running an ibanez gio through a spider II . so pretty much just a way to get music into the computer at a cheap price
Last edited by gtrplyr at Mar 21, 2009,
Quote by gtrplyr
i am not a fan of audacity. i can get any software for free (you know what i mean) so what should i get thats good quality?

haha you are making a mistake that a lot of people make. you cannot download any program, no matter how good you are. i will tell you right now finding a fully functioning version of any good recording program is impossible. from ableton live to kool edit, you cant get any of them. you can dl good versions of kool edit but nothing great. if youre going to do it that way then kool edit is probably your best bet.
Quote by iheartprog
haha you are making a mistake that a lot of people make. you cannot download any program, no matter how good you are. i will tell you right now finding a fully functioning version of any good recording program is impossible. from ableton live to kool edit, you cant get any of them. you can dl good versions of kool edit but nothing great. if youre going to do it that way then kool edit is probably your best bet.

Yes you can. but no one here is going to give you any recommendations now that we know you plan on pirating stuff.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
A mechanical licence. See the copyright thread.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1053221

- item #3 - copyright and recorded use of covers

Aside from that, just break into a music store and grab all the crap you can and then run. You seem to have no problem doing that with software, why not mics and interfaces and stuff?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Last edited by axemanchris at Mar 22, 2009,