i have been looking at this guitar a bit paticularly the cemetary gates one is this guitar any good??
Personally I wouldn't buy a Dean, especially not one with Dime's name on it.

They're overpriced and feel plasticy and badly build in my opinion, not to mention that they don't sound like they cost that much...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
you wont regret it
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

Didn't you say you were looking at the Ibanez S series? lying bastard

The Razorback, in my opinion, is hit or miss. You either love it or you don't. I've seen people do good things with them, and I've also seen ****ty wiry tone that can't be distinguished form nails on a chalkboard. It's up to you.
lol yeah i thought victorino and me helped you out on this but if you are going to get a razorback look for the 255 models they cost the same but they come with better pick ups and 24 frets.
I personally like the looks, never got to try one out though . They do seem overpriced, I mean, there was one that was like $5000 if I'm not mistaken, one with the Rebel Flag on it, it didn't even have an OFR. They're just trying to milk Dime's name IMO.
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
lol fe but about the s series they are 1200 american and 3000 australian and i found a cemetary gates razprback for 900 australian including case and postage so yea
if you buy one used I dont' see any problem in it. The guitars have a horrible resale value. They're not bad for $500, decent trem system, the action is extremely low, and the stock pickups are pretty pricey. Sell em on ebay and make some money to buy new pickups.

Buying one new is like throwing $500 away. Chances are, down the road you won't like it, and you'll bite the bullet when you sell it.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
if you buy one used I dont' see any problem in it. The guitars have a horrible resale value. They're not bad for $500, decent trem system, the action is extremely low, and the stock pickups are pretty pricey. Sell em on ebay and make some money to buy new pickups.

Buying one new is like throwing $500 away. Chances are, down the road you won't like it, and you'll bite the bullet when you sell it.

All too true.

You'd have better luck squeezing juice out of rock than you would squeezing versatility out of the stock pups IMO.Used is the way to go on these things,no need to pay that extra cash for the name when the features don't add up to the price.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

900 aus is like 400 usd that is worth it i brought both my razorbacks for like 500 so it's a good price. then again i got the 255 and the 255 7 string and the white 7 string is hard as hell to find anywhere so i got a great deal lol.
he is trying to say the stock pick ups on the razorbacks are'nt that good but in truth only the neck pick up is bad the bridge is a dimebucker and sounds really good.
you know how you said the 255s are better can you get the cemetary gates finish on them because i love the way that looks now
Quote by ticklemeasian
he is trying to say the stock pick ups on the razorbacks are'nt that good but in truth only the neck pick up is bad the bridge is a dimebucker and sounds really good.

I actually like the neck pup over the DB'er.IMO the dimebucker is a horrible trebley mess of a pickup and I hate the sound of it.Also,just because the stock pups are expensive as upgrades doesn't mean they're good TS.Don't make the mistake of equating high price with better sound and quality.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

it's a dean stock pick up i tried it out before and i didnt like it because the output is weird somewhere between medium-high. the sound is ok at best if i were you i would just replace it with the new pickup dean put out this year it's a replica of the one dime had in his guitars in the neck position.
like 150 dollars i think? iam not completely sure on the price it's call the dimetime. and here in the states it cost like 60 to install a pick up. but i usually do it myself it's not very hard.