If this sounds familiar, it's because it is...

***arr, here be pretty text***
kk, so here's the deal: a friend and I have a term paper due on Tuesday for our Psychology class and we've pretty much just decided start working on it today. One of the requirements of the paper is to survey a certain amount of people on your topic, so we chose to take the easy route and just survey people on the intrawebs.

Our survey is pretty straightforward, so I doubt the questions will require much thought to answer. All we want to do is determine whether or not a person's preferred genre of music reflects (or even influences) the way they act. Do answer honestly, 'cuz otherwise Hank Hill is going to have to kick someone's ass.

***arrr, this be another divider***

QUESTION THE FIRST
The obligatory gender queston

Are you male or female?

QUESTION THE SECOND
Regarding age

How old are you/cuantos anos tienes?

QUESTION THE THIRD
A sudden jump from the demographic questions to music related questions

Which of the following is your favorite genre of music?
(Choose ONE, even if none of the choices are your 'favorite')

* Rock
* Country
* Indie
* R&B
* Punk
* Pop
* Rap
* Metal
* Alternative
* Techno
* Blues/Jazz

QUESTION THE FOURTH
Now let's move on to music's effects...

Would you say that the music you listen to influences you or has influenced the choices you make/the actions you take in life?

QUESTION THE FIFTH
Continuing with the effects...

Would you say that the music you listen to influences your interactions with other people or the people you associate with?

QUESTION THE SIXTH
Moar free-response nao...

What effect, if any, would YOU say music has on a person?

***final divider***
Example Reply:

Male
Metal
No
Somewhat, I like hanging out with people at concerts and whatnot
I think music is more of a reflection on oneself than an influence
Are you male or female?
male

(Choose ONE, even if none of the choices are your 'favorite')
metal

Would you say that the music you listen to influences you or has influenced the choices you make/the actions you take in life?
yes

Would you say that the music you listen to influences your interactions with other people or the people you associate with?
yes

It depends on how significant music is in their lives. For the average person, i'd say it's not a big influence at all
Check out my band Disturbed
I'll help out!

Male
Alternative
No
Yes
Music is an awesome way for people to express themselves, and show who they really are.
Last edited by Jimbosandwich at Mar 21, 2009,
Male
Rap
It hasn't influenced my actions, but some of it has shaped my beliefs (philosophically, politically, religiously).
No.
It can influence their beliefs.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Male
Metal
No
Yes but more often the people i would choose to interact with have the same tastes by coincidence rather than me choosing to interact with them based solely on their musical tastes
I wouldn't say music has a huge effect on people's lives but it can change the fundamental current things eg mood

happy to help
Male
Rock
No major choices, maybe some small stupid ones while jamming out or partying though
No I dont think my music choice(s) affects how I interact with people or who I make friends with.
Huge effect, if in a bad mood favorite songs can change it and my outlook on the present situation and it lead me to playing guitar which is a blessing and damn great stress release (playing or listening to music on stress release).

anyway hope that helps its been awhile but term papers blow
1) male

2) 16

3) Metal

4) not much

5) yes I get along very well with pple who like the same music as I do

6) from an artistic point of view: alot
personality: quite a bit
otherwise not much.
-Male
-Metal
-Not really
-Not me personally, but I think it does with others
-Ummm... I think music can effect people's dress taste & likes/dislikes, based on those of their favourite people within the music industry, but not really sure what else besides from that.
Rap are you joking wrong site walkinbazooka
no bling bling here g except for some shiny new strings
All submissions are greatly appreciated!
but where is the female demographic???
eh... beggers cant be choosers i guess
if the results are skewed we will have to deal with it
Male
15 - 16 in May
Metal
Many, many times.
Very much so.
It can change emotions, change how you feel about something, and in some cases make you think its giving you advice. You can feel it ties into your life, and sometimes that changes your decisions. Whether its for the better or worse.

Please add me if as a friend I helped! (I like to think I'm a friendly person)
1. Female

2. deicesies anos (16)

3. Metal

4. Being interested in the science behind music RE-introduced me back into being interested in studying neuroscience. Liking music introduced me into playing more instruments, and vice versa. Mainly vice versa though.

5. Nope. It's helped me meet people/make new friends though.

6. Music in general has a big effect on mood whilst being listened to. When not being listened to, I'd say it has no or very little effect on a person.
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
Are you male or female?
Female
Jazz
not really edit: I wear band t-shirts
yes. I'm not going to lie, I don't get along well with anyone who happens to be listening to
-insertfoshizzlerapperhere- while I'm near them. And JB. Can't forget them
People tend to hang out with people who like similar music. My bass is what I come to when my mood is less than perfect. I play some tunes, and I cheer up. I always make it a point to play just before doing an exam, it helps me calm down
Last edited by Canadian_basser at Mar 21, 2009,
Quote by zac504
Rap are you joking wrong site walkinbazooka
no bling bling here g except for some shiny new strings

Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Male
Metal
I geuss it has influenced the way i view music haha, and what i wanted to do in life.
Good way to express yoruself, and you hang around with people with similar tastes.
Quote by learnerlegend
my dog's barks are more interesting than their 4/4 hits

^ Regarding AC/DC
- Male
- 16 (In a couple of weeks, anyways).
- Metal
- I wouldn't say it influences me, although, I feel that music has helped make me the person I am.
- Kind of... It's nice talking to people with like, the same general interests in music and such. But I don't like catorgorizing people.
- It's a good way to conveying feelings, in a way that anyone with half a mind can understand. It's good to know that whatever mood you're in there are songs/artists you can relate to. But music can change peoples personalitys though, sometimes for better, sometimes for worse.

EDIT - Removed the long, pathetic rant about my ex' turning all ''chavvy'' and eruegurhgerugh-ish because of so-called 'Grime' music.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Mar 22, 2009,
Male
* Punk
(Clearly, you have no grasp of genre's. Just to tell you.)
No, it does not affect my choices in life. Why the **** should it?
I suppose it changes who I'd want to be around, though.
It had no specific effect. People get what they want to get out of a song.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
1. male
2. 21
3 rock
4.yes
5.yes
6.it can affect your mood or even your personality, for instance: when i listened to classic rock from the 60s and 70s exclusively i grew my hair out and stopped wearing socks like a hippie, i also began to open my mind more and sotpped blindly accepting every thing i was told without question.
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Quote by BlackandSilver
Male
* Punk
(Clearly, you have no grasp of genre's. Just to tell you.)

We had to go with fairly general genres to avoid having a 3 page long survey,

...and clearly you have no grasp of grammar. Just to tell you.
Male
Metal
Yes but in a good way
Yes
Depends who it is really, :P
Male
Metal
Not Really
Somewhat, its easier to talk to those that have similarities in interest
Can effect the way the feel. my parents asumed that the music i listen to would make me pissed but actually when i listen to some agatg i feel really happy