I`m thinking about getting a peavy valveking 112 for my new amp but is there anything better around that price the kind of music I play is metal
Define metal? It's a very broad genre.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Then I would not recommend the Valveking because it doesn't have enough gain stock.

Randall RG50TC, maybe a B-52 AT112 and the obligatory used 5150/6505 suggestions are what I would go with.

Personally, for your kind of metal I'd get the Randall.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
All tube.
Quote by Cathbard
You could do that, true, but to get the best out of a Valveking you need to swap the speaker also because the stock Peavey speaker sucks balls.

And it's also not usually recommended to put distortion pedals on tube amps. An overdrive pedal is a better option, but why bother if you can get an amp that can do the sounds you want without it?
Quote by Cathbard