i know my crybaby wah is true bypass, and i always leave it in my chain even if i dont plug it in. the weird thing is that with it plugged in and off, my rig sounds better than with it unplugged. it should be the same though, shouldnt it? help me figure this out
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
The cleanest signal sent to an amp is a direct one.
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112
Iommi has work done to it.

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
Perhaps it filters out some of the crappy background signal?
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
It's not true bypass.

1.) i thought all old crybabies were true bypass

2.) if its not, the there shouldnt be any sound if its not plugged in should there?
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Quote by wicket_nirvana
1.) i thought all old crybabies were true bypass

2.) if its not, the there shouldnt be any sound if its not plugged in should there?

Almost no wahs are true bypass, and for the second part, I don't understand the second part?
What do you mean?

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Almost no wahs are true bypass, and for the second part, I don't understand the second part?
What do you mean?

if its not plugged in, there should be no sound, right?
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
If it's not plugged in, then you're breaking your signal chain. So no, you won't have any sound, Idk what that has to do with being true bypass or not.
Quote by wicket_nirvana
if its not plugged in, there should be no sound, right?

Do you mean like if an adapter wasn't plugged in? The Crybaby's input buffer is not in the bypass section of the wah, so when it's bypassed it will still work with no power. And no it's not true bypass.
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
Do you mean like if an adapter wasn't plugged in? The Crybaby's input buffer is not in the bypass section of the wah, so when it's bypassed it will still work with no power. And no it's not true bypass.

this is probably the only helpful answer so far, thank u

i still dont know y it sounds better with it plugged in than with it unplugged though, any thoughts?
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Since it's not true bypass the guitar signal still goes through the circuit when it's off. The wah circuit loads down on your guitar signal which is what you'll hear as tone suckage. The Crybaby tries to make up for it with an input buffer to raise the input impedance some, it still tends to suck some tone though. Convert it to true bypass and it should be fine.