http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-SL2H-Custom-USA-Guitar?sku=511489

vs

http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG1527

Yes I am aware the Jackson is 6 string and the Ibanez is a 7 string. This is going to be purely based on quality and sound/tone.

I've wanted this Jackson and had been set on it for a long while. Just fell in love with it. And I LOVE Jacksons. Something about the feel that is to me, one of a kind.

Now even though I've wanted this Jackson for a long time I've been dying for a 7-string guitar. It opens up my world in terms of song/music writing and some of my favorite bands use 7 strings (and it kills me I can't cover any of their songs lol that too).

I can do two things here I think

Get my dream Jackson and wait later for a 7 string

or

Get the Ibanez which is also a very good guitar but yet doesn't quite match up to the Jackson. Get my 7 string.

Now If I get the Jackson I'll be getting the guitar I've wanted for ages.

If I get the ibanez I'll be getting the guitar TYPE (7 string) I've wanted for a while.

If I get the ibanez I'll definetely want something that destroys that jackson as my 3rd guitar or else I'll beat myself up that I didn't get that first.

Idk

decisions decisions

Halp?
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
I feel the same way about the Jackson. I just want one. So that's what I'd recommend.
Above post may or may not be true.
NO vs threads. I'd say Jackson though...
Quote:
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote:
try anything form avenged sevenfold

I lol'ed.

Quote by Basti95
inb4 everyone else, well played
If you have a Jackson SL2-H versus anything else, do you even have to ask?
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
I would have to say the Jackson......

I was very close to buying the 1527 based on the features (i.e. Prestige Ibanez made in Japan) and seven string factor. Then I played it, I just didn't like the sound (probably because of the weaker pickups) or feel personally. If you are a Jackson fan, that one looks nice, plus it has an alder body, the 1527 just has basswood....... And nicer pickups. All in all, minus the extra string, this probably would be a no brainer for you, so I say go the Jackson.
Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
NO vs threads. I'd say Jackson though...

It's not really a vs. thread in the sense that the rules prohibit.

It's a decision between two guitars I want. Not asking which manufacturer is better but what guitar, for my sake.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
As much as I love my Ibanez RG-7, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't kick myself in the head for not buying a Jackson instead.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']As much as I love my Ibanez RG-7, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't kick myself in the head for not buying a Jackson instead.
Damn really? Care to explain the situation and how you thought about before your purchase?

Also on a side note if I get the jackson should I switch out the bridge pickup for something heavier since I play a lot of metal or leave it in there?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Damn really? Care to explain the situation and how you thought about before your purchase?

Also on a side note if I get the jackson should I switch out the bridge pickup for something heavier since I play a lot of metal or leave it in there?

nononononononononononononono
the pickups are top notch, just get a good amp... if its a $2000+ guitar you shouldnt need to switch out the pickups
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
Quote by cukd7x-a2-
nononononononononononononono
the pickups are top notch, just get a good amp... if its a $2000+ guitar you shouldnt need to switch out the pickups

Fair enough I guess

I was just thinking because I don't remember hearing about the SD's in the Jackson. Idk just never heard of those models lol. Then again I haven't really played too many guitars with SD's in em lol
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
I was really into a lot of shred and progressive type stuff, and I was going to buy a Jackson KVX10 and switch out the pickups for something a little more "in-your-face" kinda thing. Like a week before I had all the money together to do it, I started listening to some old KoRn stuff, again, and I all of a sudden found myself craving the Ibanez RG-7 for the low, tuned down stuff. Given my price range, the RG-7321 was the only way to go, and I bought, and now I hate a little bit because of that

The TB-4 is pretty good for metal, but yeah, if you have to, switch it out for a Screamin Demon (SH-12) or some such thing. The TB-4 shouldn't be of concern though.
Quote by TheBodomBullet
It's not really a vs. thread in the sense that the rules prohibit.

It's a decision between two guitars I want. Not asking which manufacturer is better but what guitar, for my sake.

yea, only AFTER i read the whole thing I noticed that...sorry about that. my decision is still Jackson.
Quote:
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote:
try anything form avenged sevenfold

I lol'ed.

Quote by Basti95
inb4 everyone else, well played
the official specs are here
and the Seymour Duncan® JB™ TB4 is a pretty solid hi-gain pickup
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I own both an Ibanez and Jackson and I say Jackson all the way. When you pick it up you just get that feeling of a bad-A musician. Ibanez is a great guitar company but it's like comparing a chevy to a honda, yeah yeah the honda is a fast little car, but the chevy has balls =]
My Gear

Peavey Valveking 100 Head
B-52 AT-412 Cab

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Ibanez RG5EX1

[It only took me 3 years to get]
Quote by cukd7x-a2-
the official specs are here
and the Seymour Duncan® JB™ TB4 is a pretty solid hi-gain pickup

So it wouldn't be wise to switch that out for something like say...

a DiMarzio X2N?

just curious
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by Khoshabalas
I own both an Ibanez and Jackson and I say Jackson all the way. When you pick it up you just get that feeling of a bad-A musician. Ibanez is a great guitar company but it's like comparing a chevy to a honda, yeah yeah the honda is a fast little car, but the chevy has balls =]

Not that I disagree with you, but it take BIG mother****ing balls to strut around with that thing on stage and not be called gay. Tone-worthy as it is, the colors are begging for a big cellmate named Bubba...
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']

Not that I disagree with you, but it take BIG mother****ing balls to strut around with that thing on stage and not be called gay. Tone-worthy as it is, the colors are begging for a big cellmate named Bubba...

:stickpoke
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
:stickpoke

What's your point? Words usually relay the message more efficiently, btw
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']What's your point? Words usually relay the message more efficiently, btw
I'm kind of shocked by the "pretty colors" lol.

I'm sure it sounds like bad-ass though
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
It has to sound badass for Paul Gilbert to play it, duh!

I prefer the other two Ibanez offers atm, but this one is just a damn nice guitar, minus the colors (but then again, it was the eighties, and the generation of Spinal Tap)
Oh I know that my ibanez has a beautful tone to it, although being a cheaper model, but overal feel wise, Jackson just gives you that like don't eff with me, I will take my fist and drive it into your face. Play it through my mesa, youll cry, I swear.
My Gear

Peavey Valveking 100 Head
B-52 AT-412 Cab

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Ibanez RG5EX1

[It only took me 3 years to get]
At my GC (please don't let this spiral downward into a GC-hate thread) they have this Jackson Rhoads in the Crimson Swirl finish out on the floor for playing, but it's almost sad to look at and even play. Two strings are missing (B and D), the locking nut at the headstock is removed with the strings just bare, and the trem has recessed all the way into the cavity. I saw it today and wanted to cry. Then I played the Kevin Bond Rhoads right next to it and made a cummy mess of myself
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']It has to sound badass for Paul Gilbert to play it, duh!

I prefer the other two Ibanez offers atm, but this one is just a damn nice guitar, minus the colors (but then again, it was the eighties, and the generation of Spinal Tap)

I knew that guitar looked familiar. I'm used to seeing it in white and black.

Of course if it's PG's than it's g2 sound sick

Just one last question guys.

Should I switch in the bridge pickup on the sl2 for dimarzio x2n?

It's the pickup Chuck Schuldiner used and they're pretty much to me, what is usually everyone's Metallica or Megadeth. Pretty much my favorite old school band if you will.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
I knew that guitar looked familiar. I'm used to seeing it in white and black.

Of course if it's PG's than it's g2 sound sick

Just one last question guys.

Should I switch in the bridge pickup on the sl2 for dimarzio x2n?

It's the pickup Chuck Schuldiner used and they're pretty much to me, what is usually everyone's Metallica or Megadeth. Pretty much my favorite old school band if you will.

The black and white is his PGM300 or 301, discontinued, last I checked. The one I posted is his PGM100, a reissue of one of the first he had. Different pickups, no trem on the 301, and all sorts of other little various oddities.

Ultimately it's up to you, man. If you like the tone the x2n gives and you don't think it's capable with the stock, then go for it. Just test it out first before you commit. You'd be surprised how versatile that TB-4 can be.
Quote by cukd7x-a2-
If you have a Jackson SL2-H versus anything else, do you even have to ask?

+1

completely different league to that ibanez, the 15XX ibanezes are like the absolute entry models of the prestige series. solid guitars but come on, the jackson kills it.
I'm picking up an RG1527 tom.....but I already own the SL4 soloist haha
Yes I know SL4 is made in Japan, but it still kicked ass. It has the same pick up config. as the SL2. I just wanted to get a 7 string for a change.
Get the Ibanez definitely. They're both insanely good guitars however Ibanez Prestige 7 strings are just plain win.

One of my Ibanez has the same V pickups but in 6 string version and they're pretty sweet, I've tried them on the same amp as yours actually and they sounded unreal.

However, if you don't already own a Jackson possibly the Jackson actually because there's just sometihng about them, I know with mine it just sings, better and differently than any guitar I've ever played. Call me a Jackson romantic but I'd best describe the sound as "pure" lol.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Honestly, this thread is just asking for spam.
7 vs 6? That's like asking whether you want a 1-'bucker or a 2-'bucker.
I actually regret not going for a 7 when I had the chance. I just love the neck profile, not to mention that you can do more stuff with it than you can with a 6.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I'd go with the Jackson. A much better value 7-string would be the 7620, which you get basically the same thing for under half the price of the 1527. They can be had from $400-$600 on ebay/craigslist.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.