Hi I just bought a rg350mdx with the edge 3 bridge well i just had it set up about a week ago, and I'm having some problems. The Bridge is really slanted towards the high E and it will not return to parallel position when i push down on the bar. I have no idea whats going on.

Thanks Bt
tighten the upper spring so that the top spring pulls on the 6th string (low E) side

springs = tremelo spring behind back plate.
Problem = you have an Edge 3.
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
No dice..... well the last time that I brought it to the guy a similar thing happened and he said something about the knife edge slipping which is why it is slanted.

Quote by kingofdudes161

This doesn't help out at all....
Last edited by B_T at Mar 21, 2009,
yeah man i have the 350dx and the edge 3 sucked and already got it replaced. i recommend keeping the bridge fixed unless you wan to change out the edge 3 for a floyd or something..which would need a new cavity and what not.
It's not even a floyd rose, get a floyd rose and you mightn't have this much of a problem.
Edge 3 = fail.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by kingofdudes161

I second that. I just sold a guitar with an edge 3. I stopped using the whammy bar on it months ago because it would never return to where it was adjusted.
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
It did return.... but something slipped it looks like the right side of the tremolo is closer to the edge then the left side.
Quote by B_T
It did return.... but something slipped it looks like the right side of the tremolo is closer to the edge then the left side.

sounds exaclty like what happened with my edge 3 after a year of on/off whammy abuse. i only noticed it when i did a string change one time, the ****ing thing would not sit right. turns out the metal hadworn down on one of the knife edges, hence would not pivot/sit in place properly. if you have the cash definitely get a floyd rose fitted in, or keep the trem blocked cos the guitar is still way decent. otherwise sell the guitar and get a REAL shred guitar if that's what you wanted.
Quote by steerpike07
yeah man i have the 350dx and the edge 3 sucked and already got it replaced. i recommend keeping the bridge fixed unless you wan to change out the edge 3 for a floyd or something..which would need a new cavity and what not.

OFRs fit right into the Edge III space.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
^ i know i've read that around...but when i went to get mine replaced the guy was like OFR's dont directly fit in...and this was at a major music store in Sydney.