Alright so currenlty i have a 1 gallon tank with a betta fish in it. I want ot get another fish but i know betta fish are very aggressive fish. I have a river with many crayfish in it. Ive always wanted to keep one. So what i am wondering is if i caught a cray fish and put it in my tank. would it attack the betta or would the betta attack the crayfish. and if not will the betta fishe at the nasty stuff off the ground along wiht some fresh food i could feed it and keep the tank moderatley cleaner or will i just have to feed it all with seperate food. thanks guys.
It would be the battle of the century.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Beta fish attack just about everything. . . .
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
The 1 gallon tank, really, is not enough for the betta alone. Those little "teacup tanks" aren't really that good at keeping them alive for long, and a larger tank with better filtration would be adequate.

As for the cray, expect your bettas tail to be eaten and shredded. Betta's are only aggressive with other bettas, and keeping multiple females together is generally ok. It's the males that fight for dominance.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
Bettas are only aggressive towards other bettas, if I remember correctly. and also, a Betta would have a hard ass time pushing around a crayfish. But they may require different tank conditions to be comfortable.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Bettas are only aggressive towards other bettas, if I remember correctly. and also, a Betta would have a hard ass time pushing around a crayfish. But they may require different tank conditions to be comfortable.

Not necessarily different tank conditions, rather, just a larger tank, set up so A: The crayfish has retreates to hide, preferably lower than the substrate, and B: that the betta is comfortable, and isn't held in the open. Live plants such as Java Ferns are GREAT for keeping bettas. They naturally live amongst all the plants in the wild, and like to keep snug in the tight, so mixing up some open space, some tight plant space, and some places on the floor for the cray to hide would be ideal.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
Aren't betta's pretty susceptible to dirty water? I'm pretty sure you'd want to get a filter and a bigger tank if you were to do that.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Yes, good filtration is a key to keeping fish healthy.

There's alot of science behind fish keeping. Having a good knowledge of the filtration cycle (controlling the levels ammonia, nitrites and nitrates) present is one of the main things you will need to know.

Google it
Quote by srvguitarrulez
Quote by Mootallica
Yes, good filtration is a key to keeping fish healthy.

There's alot of science behind fish keeping. Having a good knowledge of the filtration cycle (controlling the levels ammonia, nitrites and nitrates) present is one of the main things you will need to know.

Google it

Agreed I worked in a seafood department in a grocery store.. Keeping the water in the lobster/crab tanks was extremely important
Quote by ripdime04
thank you for all the answers guys

No problem mate.
DANK MEMES
I think you're looking for the Next Major War thread.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
I once bought a Betta and a pack of 10 crayfish and put them together, the crayfish kinda stood up, but the betta killed the mercilesly.
It was like watching all the Rambo movies at the same time
Quote by The Spoon
I think this man wins the thread.

Quote by ZeGuitarist
We have a winner.
Quote by Minkaro
If they do battle, and the Betta fish lose, does this mean they are now the Worsa fish?

Ba-dum chtt!

"I'll be here all week. Try the veal!"

I lol'd
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1