I've just built me a new guitar, essentially everything on it is a strat part. My problem is that while I'm tuning a string, all of the others will come out of tune. I'm using the standard issue strat tremolo, in which I have five springs attached, and I don't have a whammy bar in it. So, I'm thinking this problem may be caused by my truss rod not being tensioned right. Your thoughts.
Easily the second best guitarist from Oklahoma City
the nut cuts might be a little narrow. you might need to lube all contact points.

maybe the way it's strung up.

or maybe the bridge is still moving somehow, even with the 5 springs.

try blocking the bridge, just to see.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by thebasshacker
I've just built me a new guitar, essentially everything on it is a strat part. My problem is that while I'm tuning a string, all of the others will come out of tune. I'm using the standard issue strat tremolo, in which I have five springs attached, and I don't have a whammy bar in it. So, I'm thinking this problem may be caused by my truss rod not being tensioned right. Your thoughts.

my 65 strat is temper mental when i tune it, i think it has to do with the tremolo... when you change the tension on the strings, the bridge will lift or pull back...
Quote by jj1565
the nut cuts might be a little narrow. you might need to lube all contact points.

maybe the way it's strung up.

or maybe the bridge is still moving somehow, even with the 5 springs.

try blocking the bridge, just to see.

This!
Quote by bulldozerbob
I think someone stole my Yu-Hi-Oh cards from my class draw when I was little.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm homophobic. I can't stand gays.