i finally narrowed it down to a peavey vypyr or a line 6 spider 75. I have a ltd f-250 with emg hzs which one do you guys think would sound better for a metallica thrash sound.
vypyr fo sho
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
What sort of metallica thrash sound? Killem all? Ride the lightning? Master of Puppets?

They changed tones a lot between their first few albums.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Vypyr. I don't know how many threads like this I've posted in, but I've played both and the Vypyr is A LOT better.
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
vypyr fo sho

yea what this guy said^. havent you seen all the **** line 6 gets here?
yah i guess youre right but i like master sound the best and do you think this amp would sound good with a metal core pedal.
^neither of them would sound good with the metal core pedal; use the amps distortion
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by LTD-F-250
yah i guess youre right but i like master sound the best and do you think this amp would sound good with a metal core pedal.

MoP= Mesa pre > Marshall power = lots of $$$

But I reckon the vypyr can do a good job of modelling it, just DON'T RUN YOUR DISTORTION PEDAL INTO IT!!
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
if i were you, my options would be peavey or death (because i've played through line 6 amps, they truly are horrible)
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
Line 6 Spider < Vypyr < Flextone II < Vetta

If you're buying used, you can get a Flextone II less than the price of the Vypyr.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
i agree with matrixclaw, look used and maybe you could find:

a flextone
a peavey ultra 112 combo (great tube amp for the master sound, i'd envy you if you got one)
a good randall solid/state hybrid
ampeg VH-140C

all of these are much better than the spider or the vypyr
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand