I'm in the market for a new amp, and I was wondering if anyone had used Genz Benz El Diablo before. I've heard a few good things about them, but without being able to test drive one myself, I'm counting on UGer's to help me out! Thanks!
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B
i haven't, but my friend has a genz benz, i believe the same model, on layaway, and is convinced it is a terrific amp
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Well, my new guitar is coming in Tuesday and the ValveKing I have just... isn't cutting it anymore. You know?
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B
I've played a Diablo a couple of times. Obviously the final say will be up to you (and I suggest you play before you buy). But personally, I don't think they're anything special. I've heard much, much worse of course. But I don't think they have much personality (i.e. they sound bland to my ears). Again, just my personal opinion. If you hear it and think it's the bee's knees, by all means, rock out to your hearts content.
Fargen Olde 800 1x12 Combo
Ernie Ball/Musicman Axis Super Sport Rosewood with custom HighOrder Pickups
i played the head, and i agree with pat, it was nothing special really, but even though i only played with it for a bit i got some good high gain sounds, and the head was 300 bucks used, so really you cant go wrong for that price.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Well, I'm wanting something... different. Most people, it seems, use Mesa or Marshall, and I'm not wanting to be "most people." Any suggestions as far as amps go? My budget is probably $2000 for combo or head/2x12 (give or take $500)
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B
The Budda Superdrive II's are pretty nice and are in your price range. If you can find a good used H&K Duotone, those are really nice as well. But it depends on your needs and preferences, just throwin' some ideas out there.
Fargen Olde 800 1x12 Combo
Ernie Ball/Musicman Axis Super Sport Rosewood with custom HighOrder Pickups
I'm looking for a modern hard rock sound. Heavy, thick, high gain, but a great clean as well. And it's not going to be used for metal.
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B
I'd look into a Recto of sorts. The Genz-Benz is very similar to a Mesa Recto, not a bad choice. Overall, they sound good. Not spectacular, but overall good.

A Framus Cobra would be a great choice as well.

Both of those amps should fit the bill.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I have one I enjoy the sound since I've upgraded from my valveking to the Genz Benz.
It all depends what you want to play. It's sort of an acquired taste.
Tomorrow I am trading it for a 5150 original blockletter .
Peavey VTM
Marshall 8412
Fender 4x12 loaded with t75's
Epiphone LP-100
Fender Stratocaster Highway one
if heavy, thick gain is what you want maybe a recto or XXX would be nice for you.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
i liked the one i tried, but (judging by what people on the net think), they seem to be a bit love or hate.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I personally thought the one I played sounded like arse.

TS- With that budget, I'd go straight for a Randall RM100 combo.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
^ this

They are very love hate. I have a friend in Winnipeg that loves his til the day he dies. Another friend owned one and sold it for a Boogie.....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
I'll have to hunt around and see if any local dealers (75 miles... Ah, gotta love a good motorcycle ride ) have any. When it boils down to it, though, doesn't all gear fall into the "you love it or you hate it" category? Or, I can just order one online, and if I'm not happy, use the return policy!! haha.
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B
If anyone wants one I will sell mine for 600
Peavey VTM
Marshall 8412
Fender 4x12 loaded with t75's