I've been playing for 2 years now and i learned that really fast part in Metropolis pt 1 by Dream Theater and i can do it at that speed its recorded at, and after practicing it, I'm like very fatigued. Does anyone else feel like that after playing so fast?
unfortunately yes it does to me. when i play like sometimes 32nd notes my arm gets tired and i don't feel like playing any more so i just slow it down.
playing master of puppets down strumming the entire time while also headbanging can wear you the f*ck out. playing disposable heroes all the way thru wears me out too
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Quote by Survivalism
You mean working your muscles makes you tired? Certainly this is news to everyone.

haha maybe ill post this in the ealth forum lol.
Disposable Heroes is obscenely fast. I think it might be more technically demanding then Master of Puppets.
Quote by Geldin
Disposable Heroes is obscenely fast. I think it might be more technically demanding then Master of Puppets.

tires the hell out of you, but it's fun as hell
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Quote by randyaintdead82
I've been playing for 2 years now and i learned that really fast part in Metropolis pt 1 by Dream Theater and i can do it at that speed its recorded at, and after practicing it, I'm like very fatigued. Does anyone else feel like that after playing so fast?
You talking about the long alternate picking run?
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
I can (sort of) play it up until the string skipping part, and I don't experience any fatigue. I don't think you should be tired unless you're using alot of arm or you're tensing up somehow.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Quote by ramm_ty
I can (sort of) play it up until the string skipping part, and I don't experience any fatigue. I don't think you should be tired unless you're using alot of arm or you're tensing up somehow.

+1. Sounds to me like you're probably tensing up.
One of the reasons for muscle fatugue is under-development of the muscle to be used as much as you do. That is, you either haven't practiced enough to play as fast as you're trying to; or, there's something wrong with your technique.

Freepower's lesson on practicing and posture really helped me play more efficiently - with minimum tension.
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
IT shouldn't tire you out.

It's based on coordination and not muscles.

At least alternate picking that is.

I think ur tensed up TS, or you try to go faster then you can so, instead of using coordination, you use raw muscle power to force ur pick to "stop" for the next stroke, instead of having a flowing motion.

You should (if ur able to) make a video of ur right hand playing some fast alt. pickign stuff, and we can see if there's anything you do wrong or can improve on.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Mar 22, 2009,
ye,im getting pretty tired while practising solo of 'scream' by a7x >.> annoying
Quote by skwelcher
tires the hell out of you, but it's fun as hell

I think Damage Inc is even more tiresome, although is a great song for building picking hand stamina.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
tension, unneeded motion, et cetera

relax your arm (check out one of freepowers videos on correct posture), also try taking your strap up a bit if it is hung low, not very ergonomical

and economy picking?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Exerting energy makes you tired, yes.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Well I'm now used to playing fast (my "band" is kinda like power metal) but yes, you can get tired of playing at a high tempo because before my band I'd try to play fast and it turns out not only I messed up a lot, but I aslo get a bit tired.
I'M BACK IN THE SADDLE
Quote by randyaintdead82

maybe you are putting too much tension in your arms when you play fast. people tend to tense up when going fast which will actually make you tired faster and slow you down. some fatigue over long periods of playing should be normal but i dont think it should happen after one song or solo. you are probably pushing yourself to do that song. over time with practice you should be able to do it without feeling tired. when you practice, make sure not to add any more tension then needed.