I have an Epiphone Studio 15R amp.

I turned it on today and got no sound out of it. But I DO get sound for a second when I turn it off. Here's what happens:

1 - Turn on amp.
2 - Strum guitar - there is no sound from the amp.
3 - Turn off amp
4 - As the power drains from the amp and the red power LED fades to blacks, my sound suddenly kicks in for a matter of seconds as the power dissipates.

Any idea?
have you tried different cables or different guitar thru that amp?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Tried a second guitar and second cable. Same effects with all combinations.

Haven't checked the fuse on the back of the amp. If I can find my meter I'll check that.
But yeah - not looking good...
ahh, no it doesnt.

does it have a headphone out?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Yes, has a headphone output. I tried with headphones in and I get the same effect, but through headphones.
Visually the fuse looks fine, can't find my meter. Removed the fuse and there is no power coming through whatsoever. So I suspect that the fuse isn't the cause.

Dammit!
Yep, tried the volume and tone on both guitars, sorry, should have mentioned. I do get a good solid sound, but only for a second after I flick the amp off.
yeah sounds like the amp isnt getting power.

just that pop at the end.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

sounds like it's time for a new amp, it's not worth it to get it fixed.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Anyone know how long the warranty is on these? It's maybe 4 months old...
Thanks all. I'll see if it's under warranty. If not, I guess I'll be buying something new.

Any recommendations? I have an Epi LP Special II and an Epi LP Standard. Musical influences KISS, GNR, AC/DC, Buckcherry.
As an aside, it's probably either a blown capacitor or a bad solder joint in the amp.

Time and cost to fix are significantly greater than the cost of the amp.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
if it doesnt have warranty, might as well crack it open and check...if there is anything visually wrong, you might be able to fix it yourself.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Howard2k
I have an Epiphone Studio 15R amp.

I turned it on today and got no sound out of it. But I DO get sound for a second when I turn it off. Here's what happens:

1 - Turn on amp.
2 - Strum guitar - there is no sound from the amp.
3 - Turn off amp
4 - As the power drains from the amp and the red power LED fades to blacks, my sound suddenly kicks in for a matter of seconds as the power dissipates.

Any idea?

We see what you did there.
Get your amp checked out if you really like it or else get a new one.
Glad I found this topic.
I started playing a few months ago, and the guitar I also came with this same amp. About a week ago, I unplugged the cable and put it back in, and now whenever I turn it on, I get this distorted whining noise on overdrive, and no noise on clean. Either way, I'm not hearing my guitar at all. Does anyone know what the problem might be?
EDIT: Now, I'm getting the same problem as Howard2k, and I looked and couldn't find a warranty.
Last edited by FiberMan at Apr 13, 2009,