Page 1 of 2
awww come on
fender would sell so many of these ya know?
i figure they'd be based on the 3 main vintage strats john uses in concert
the red one (the one i want), the white one, and the sunburst one
bet john would get behind it if they weren't super expensive (sub $1000)
ya?
Quote by Skierinanutshel
it would just be a 62 strat, nothing special or fancy.

Yes, but all the JF fanboys out there would go "OMG LULZ NEW JF SIGGG STRATTT" and instantaneously buy one.

Now imagine if Marshall re-issued the Silver Jubilee......all the Slash AND JF fanboys would be foaming at the mouth.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Quote by Artemis Entreri
this.

thirded for truth... it wouldn't be anything special, unless they relic'd it exactly like his, but then they'd have to be CS tribute strats, which are by no means cheap...
Quote by Skierinanutshel
it would just be a 62 strat, nothing special or fancy.

Yes. I'd love a guitar based on a pre-CBS Fender stratocaster(likely meaning custom shop 69' or Texas Special pickups as well, two of my personal favourites) for under $1,000. Plus John's a big modern strat player, and would probably like the idea.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
But fender wouldn't charge under 1000 for it. That's just dreaming. Hell, their American standard series is now over 1000. And their highest end Mexican strat is $50 shy of 1000. A reissue Pre-CBS strat would be in the 2000's. I think that's overpriced, but that's the way it is.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by Artemis Entreri
But fender wouldn't charge under 1000 for it. That's just dreaming. Hell, their American standard series is now over 1000. And their highest end Mexican strat is $50 shy of 1000. A reissue Pre-CBS strat would be in the 2000's. I think that's overpriced, but that's the way it is.

It's a lot better than Gibson signatures, my christ $4,000 for a Jeff Beck signature is dumb.
No means maybe
Quote by pilgrimevan
It's a lot better than Gibson signatures, my christ $4,000 for a Jeff Beck signature is dumb.

Quite true. Gibson's are extremely over priced.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by funkymonkz
Yes, but all the JF fanboys out there would go "OMG LULZ NEW JF SIGGG STRATTT" and instantaneously buy one.

OMG LULZ NEW JF SIGGG STRATTT!!!!!!!! I WANT ONE
GLEN JENSEN. That is all.....

Proud owner of an Ibanez Wh10V2
yeah my brother thinks he sucks and no one knows him

Signatures are rarely about who deserves one.
It's about business, and as much as people would go nuts for one, I'm sure that either Fender have found a reason to not make them, or JF has said no.
After all they are just 60s strats, get a re-issue and have exactly what a JF strat would be

UNless of course JF decides to make a signature which is different from his strats, like Eric Johnson did.
Edwards makes a Frusciante Strat copy. Ceriatone makes a Marshall 2550 copy. The Wilson Ten Spot copies the Ibanez WH-10, and the Retrosonic chorus copies the Boss CE-1. I'd say the obsessive fans are in heaven already. The rest of us that aren't quite that obsessive are as well.
Quote by Artemis Entreri

$950 for a reissue of a pre-CBS strat that includes relicing. I think it's possible. The Muddy Waters tele is $870.

idk about you guys but if i had enough id buy it just because im a huge JF/RHCP fan

If it genuinely did sound and feel like a 1962 Fender strat, I'd get one even though I can go either way with RHCP. A 1964 strat is one of my dream guitars, a replica of a 1962 is close enough for me for a long while.

how could you go either way with RHCP?

Don't get me wrong, Frusciante's a great guitarist compared to many nowadays, Flea, IMO, is like the new Sting, and there are some of their songs I really do like, but there are just bands I like more than them is all.

well i dont really listen to whatever band hes in........

Quote by Frusciante2323
well i dont really listen to whatever band hes in........

*Facepalm* The Police/solo career
GEAR:
Washburn WI64DL Idol
Squier HELLO KITTY STRAT
Ibanez GRG270
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Microcube
I like JF, but it (once again) it would only be a 62 Strat, unless they relic'd it. And I don't wanna buy a relic'd Strat. So, I'm not too interested.
JF doesn't have any Sig guitars because he only uses Vintage guitars from before the year 1970.

Do I think he deserves one? Yes. Do I think he'll ever actually accept to have one made? No.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
did you know he didnt actually play the one in the cant stop music vid because it was too new

Quote by Frusciante2323
did you know he didnt actually play the one in the cant stop music vid because it was too new

It was just a guitar handed to him to suit the theme of the video. The video was modern and sterile, in an artful kind of way. None of his guitars suited the style, so he was given that guitar solely for the video.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Quote by Frusciante2323

Haha, no I didn't know that, but it just proves my point even more: JF doesn't use guitars younger than he is.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
yeah.... i always wonder what he does if he goes to GC

Quote by Frusciante2323
yeah.... i always wonder what he does if he goes to GC

He goes to the Vintage room at GC Hollywood or Manhatten
Rig

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
good thinking..... my GC sucks so we dont have one

Quote by guitaruboy
awww come on
fender would sell so many of these ya know?
i figure they'd be based on the 3 main vintage strats john uses in concert
the red one (the one i want), the white one, and the sunburst one
bet john would get behind it if they weren't super expensive (sub $1000)
ya?

Then buy a red strat. Why would you want to pay more for the same guitar with Froosh's name on it? Oh wait...........

.......stupid RHCP fanboys.
whoa call down you communist homo......

Come to think of it, Mike makes a point, I could probably just pop a set of CS 69's into my strat and get a somewhat similar tone for a lot less, and it already has the C-shape neck...just need to see if the pickups in my strat are stock or not now.

Page 1 of 2