Don't get me wrong they are some of the best picks I've ever used but that's the problem.

I'm afraid if I get hooked and one day when I'm a lot better than I am now, somebody will give me a regular sized and shaped pick to play with and I won't play half as good as I could with a jazz III.

How does getting hooked on Jazz III carry over to playing with a typically shaped and sized guitar pick?
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
I actually have a similar problem, but I make sure to swap out and be able to do everything with a normal pick as well.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
Just carry one around with you, then you won't have that problem.

This is what I do, at least I do when I'm expecting to be somewhere with a guitar there!
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
Just carry one around with you, then you won't have that problem.

The thing is I don't want my playing ability to solely depend what kind of pick I'm using.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
i keep to my jazz III as well but when it comes to using a reg. pick i just hold it deeper and it plays just the same
i know what you mean, i felt the same way. i practice with tons of types of picks, so i don't rely on a certain type. i suggest you do the same, as it helps you be ready for anything. jazz iiis rule, though, and are the best picks ever.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
It'll happen if you use any picks regularly and then change.
Just keep one on you in your wallet or something - I do
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
what i would do if i were you, buy lots of different types of picks, mix them all up, and everyday when you play guitar for the first time in the day, just grab a pick at random, whether its light, or medium, or a jazz III, and just stick with that one for the rest of the day.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by SSL27
I actually have a similar problem, but I make sure to swap out and be able to do everything with a normal pick as well.

This.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
The benefits of using a Jazz III outweigh the negatives involved in the rare occurrence of someone handing you normal pick.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by JilaX^
I can fingerpick

Plus, I still always keep some on me.

Blues/Classic Rock ftw.

This.

Srsly fingers>pick
Quote by imgooley
This.

Srsly fingers>pick

Unless what you want to play requires Hybrid Picking.

Work around that with your fingers...
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Td_Nights
Unless what you want to play requires Hybrid Picking.

Work around that with your fingers...

Thumb pick.
With an old soldering iron tip I melted a hole through one of the jazz III XLs I use and put it on my keychain.

I don't have problems using other types of picks even though I use a Jazz III XL 99 percent of the time.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Just keep one in your wallet. I usually always have 2 Jazz III's in my wallet at a time. Or I keep picks in that little useless pocket on the right side of your jeans. It's finally good for something...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Uggh, Jazz III are kinda soft for my likingI kinda like the shape but I pefer my Alligator 1.5 Dunlops.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
what i would do if i were you, buy lots of different types of picks, mix them all up, and everyday when you play guitar for the first time in the day, just grab a pick at random, whether its light, or medium, or a jazz III, and just stick with that one for the rest of the day.

Thats what I do. I have a pile next to my drumkit.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Just keep one in your wallet. I usually always have 2 Jazz III's in my wallet at a time. Or I keep picks in that little useless pocket on the right side of your jeans. It's finally good for something...

Thats a good idea, I dont think I have Ever used that Pocket, anyway, I would say to swap around when practicing and get used to the feel of other picks but also carry a couple of them around with you if you know there is a chance of you playing guitar.
Like for me, I have a couple in my school bag.
You could always just use normal picks. They work perfectly fine.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Faux~Affliction
The benefits of using a Jazz III outweigh the negatives involved in the rare occurrence of someone handing you normal pick.

Im intrigued what are the benefits of using jazz III's as opposed to normal shaped picks?

have i been missing somthing, im always looking for ways to change and improve my playing
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

My band: www.facebook.com/deifieduk
(actually called Deified)
Yeah can someone explain why using Jazz III's are so good? I normally use Tortex 1mm's cause they feel nice on my fingers. Do the jazz's actually have some sort of playing advantage not just comfortability?
^^ To guys above, they're not only comfortable and a nice size and shape to play with, but they have a pretty sharp point which is good for faster playing as it means less friction.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia