WARNING: This is a VERY long read and NO tl:dr will be provided. You have been warned.

well i was in the market for a second guitar and i have made it my goal to own EVERY Quality Ibanez trem equipped guitar. plus OFR

that means:

Ibanez Edge
Ibanez Edge 7
Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge
Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge 7
Ibanez Edge Pro
Ibanez Edge Pro 7
Ibanez Zero Resistance
Ibanez Zero Resistance 7
Original Floyd Rose
Original Floyd Rose 7

yes i'm a FR Obsessed fanboy and i also love 7stringers so i must own the 7 string versions as well I know i left out the edge zero in that list but that's because although it seems to be top-notch quality, i've heard otherwise.

anyways last month i found a great guitar that was abandoned in a corner at guitar center. The guitar? An Ibanez RG560. the reason no one would buy it was because it was badly beaten up. it looked in terrible shape. but i saw otherwise. underneath all those battle scars, was a great guitar waiting for a loyal guitarist to show it some TLC. and there i was. i put it on layaway and just got it today

now here are the Pros and Cons of the guitar. i'll start with the cons first:

Cons:
- Really beaten up. there's a nice nickel sized dent next to teh bridge pickup

- electronics. someone was trying to make a Frankenstein out of this poor baby and left the covers on the back off. they disabled the tone control and wire it for neck single coil or bridge humbucker from what i can tell.

- pickups. the guitar is S-S-H config. but it looks like someone took a beltsander to the poor thing's bridge pup until they got a confession out of it but they all suprisingly work.

- Neck. it has a big crack. where? you guessed it, where the nut is. because of the super thin Original Wizard neck, i guess it should be expected . also, the original nut was replace with a chrome one. it wasn't a perfect match so there's a shim underneath it.

Pros:
- Original Edge Bridge. that's right motha****as, a quality Edge great condition. looks worn but still holds tuning pretty damn well considering it probably hasn't had a good setup in a while. And it's perfectly intonated

- Original Wizard Neck. yup, the original super thin wizard neck. and you know what? i used to be turned off immediately when a guitar had a cracked neck. all those horror stories of it eventually snapping in half, warping, ect. just kept me away. but then again, i also heard that 2 pieces of wood put together with some strong adhesive is BETTER that a single piece of would, hence why we have set neck guitars and 3/5 piece necks. again this is what i've heard so correct me if i'm wrong. so a quick repair of the neck should be no problem. another thing, this model was discontinued in the early 90's as the S-S-H config wasn't very popular with the RG's. so this guitar is at least 15 years old. i think the neck would've warped by now with that big crack, don't you? well as far as i know it is perfectly fine with no dead frets, neck warpage, ect.

they originally wanted 200 but i pointed out all the cons of the guitar and got it for 150, which i think is a great deal cuz this guitar has ALOT of potential i'll probably start customizing and repairing it next month.

/Rant

and now what you've all been waiting for.....Guitar Pr0n!

As you can see, it looks like someone sanded down the poor things bridge pickup

Last edited by SomebodySomeone at Mar 21, 2009,

as you can see it's a chrome locking nut and not a matching black one

if you look closely, you'll see the shim that elevates the nut to the proper height.

looks like someone scrambled up all teh wires

as you'll see in the following pics, the crack arks from one side of the neck to the other

Dude, has potential....

Nice score

KILLEDIT: and who in the gigglefucking hell takes a sander to a pickups
Last edited by Killedelphia19 at Mar 21, 2009,
That Ibby has some character.With a little work and some TLC I'm sure it'll become an awesome guitar.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Do not mess with that guitar. Take it to a tech who really knows what he is doing. Get the neck fixed properly. You should probably also replace the pickups.

My friend had an Epiphone LP with a crack in it and it broke and became unplayable after about a month.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
That'll make an awesome guitar!!!!
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

RHCP

LED ZEP

HENDRIX

Hail SYD BARRETT
thanks guys

i'll make a thread in the GB&C forum soon. i'm think of sanding it down and painting it black again but with a chrome pickguard. don't know if i'm gonna keep it S-S-H or make it H-S-H. i already have a RG1570 with H-S-H so i don't know yet.

thanks for the replies guys
Quote by funkymonkz
Do not mess with that guitar. Take it to a tech who really knows what he is doing. Get the neck fixed properly. You should probably also replace the pickups.

My friend had an Epiphone LP with a crack in it and it broke and became unplayable after about a month.

no worries, i'm leaving the neck to the pros.

everything else i'm gonna customize myself
I have a S-S-H Kramer and it's kinda fun having that SC neck pickup You could always put a rail pickup in the neck with a coil split, too.

Also, sexy guitar I'd love to see it with new life breathed into it!
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
that chip in the paint (from my view) makes the paint look a half inch thick
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by kckyle
what amp head is that behind the guitar

Ampeg VH140-C

Quote by Shinozoku
I have a S-S-H Kramer and it's kinda fun having that SC neck pickup You could always put a rail pickup in the neck with a coil split, too.

Also, sexy guitar I'd love to see it with new life breathed into it!

i'll start working with it sometime next month. it's gonna be a badass guitar when i'm done with it
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I wonder what sanding the pickup does.

Nice catch, man.

i have no idea. i don't really think it was sanded down with good intentions

thanks BTW
Man, when you are finished with that baby, she is going to wail.....

Why do people do things like that to their guitars!!!! I care for them like my babies!!! Show this poor abused beast a good home!
Quote by AussiePGFan
Man, when you are finished with that baby, she is going to wail.....

Why do people do things like that to their guitars!!!! I care for them like my babies!!! Show this poor abused beast a good home!

she sure will, i'll be hitting up ibanezrules in a few weeks to start ordering parts and stuff. can't wait till i have her fixed up
omg one of the photos look like a sad face. Once its finished, its will be awesome, and you must post a new thread about it.

HNGD!
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Quote by splamron
omg one of the photos look like a sad face. Once its finished, its will be awesome, and you must post a new thread about it.

HNGD!

holy ****, i just noticed that!

thanks, and i will
^I thought someothers would have picked that up by now
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Its going to be a nice guitar when its done. I got myself an Ibanez RG5EX1 and it is very similar (used to have the one you now own but it was stolen). I haven't had a problem with Ibanez guitars yet.

Good luck on fixing her up.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Quote by RG5EX1
Its going to be a nice guitar when its done. I got myself an Ibanez RG5EX1 and it is very similar (used to have the one you now own but it was stolen). I haven't had a problem with Ibanez guitars yet.

Good luck on fixing her up.

thanks

she's halfway there. right now i'm just stripped of cash
once i get paid in 2 weeks i'll officially start ordering all the pots, switches, ect.

The crack in the neck is just where the headstock gets glued to the neck itself. Maybe the glue dried out, or somebody went ramming with it, but it should be ok.