This is an uptated and improved version of blackened thrash in my sig.

Solo on track 'Me' is actually what i play, the other track i wrote for the other guitarist in my band. He wont actually play that, but i think i've emulated his style fairly well.
Attachments:
dil.zip
I didn't like the intro bit of the riff. It was just to plain for what you were trying to do. I thought the riff itself was great. It reminded me of Testament a lot. Bar 17's riff sounded ok but I thought it could be better. Bar 33's riff was ok and I really didn't like the bit in 34 because it was to slow. It sounded a lot like Testament which I liked. Bar 65 - 80 I didn't like that much. I liked the solos and Bar 93 - 95 sounded very nice. I thought that you could of recovered from the solo with a another riff or bridge that is different. I thought that the solo that come after 117 should of been put at the outro because they came too early. The backing riffs that you use for the solos gets annoying after a while because you use it to much. Overall, with a bit of work, i think this could be a great song.

My song is in my signature for C4C
First of I love the beginning riff and it's Thrashyness. I especially love the riff at bar 17, it has a symphony x-ish sound to it for some reason. The part at bar 34 is also very good and reminds me a lot of Death's later stuff. One major complain that I have about this song is the solo. I do not like either part of the solo. There is too much fast same note picking in the solo for my taste and some parts like the bends sound forced. I do, however, like the way you ended the solo and went unto the rest of the song. The solo at the end sounds random as hell too, there isn't one bit of melody to be found and it sounds messy and unorganized. It sounds like you just threw in some scale fragments and tried to make a solo out of it. I like the way you ended the song.

Overall the song itself is pretty good, my only complains are the horrendous solos and the fact that there are only about 3 or 4 riffs in the whole song although they are very good ones.
I realized I was god when I prayed and saw that I was talking to myself.
Quote by VengeanceIsMine
First of I love the beginning riff and it's Thrashyness. I especially love the riff at bar 17, it has a symphony x-ish sound to it for some reason. The part at bar 34 is also very good and reminds me a lot of Death's later stuff. One major complain that I have about this song is the solo. I do not like either part of the solo. There is too much fast same note picking in the solo for my taste and some parts like the bends sound forced. I do, however, like the way you ended the solo and went unto the rest of the song. The solo at the end sounds random as hell too, there isn't one bit of melody to be found and it sounds messy and unorganized. It sounds like you just threw in some scale fragments and tried to make a solo out of it. I like the way you ended the song.

Overall the song itself is pretty good,my only complains are the horrendous solos and the fact that there are only about 3 or 4 riffs in the whole song although they are very good ones.

I totally agree.

Quote by Butt Rayge
Lol, i like solos that do that... i think they are thrash as fuck.

Not really.
Hey thanks for the crit on my song! Sorry for the delayed response.

Alright, as i listen....

Intro - You have my foot instantly tapping. When the second guitar comes in it matches the first perfectly. Transition into the next riff was very powerful.

Bars 17 - 32 - I like this. It makes for a good riff. By the end I feel like Im ready to hear somthing else though, ie it gets a little repetitive by the end.

Bars 32 - 40 - I really like the riff, very cool contrast between the tremolo picking and the triplets. The drums leave a little to be desired though. Try mixing up their rhythm a little to accentuate different parts of the riff.

Bars 41 - 56 - I was expecting something else here, something faster. Reusing the first riff after the intro works alright here but not for 16 bars straight. I would divide this section of the song into two different riffs and replace one of them. Write a new one to replace 8 bars in this part because this riff is overused in the song.

Bars 57 - 64 - Again, good riff, but overused. It comes off as lazy to repeat the same 24 measures of a song right after eachother.

Bars 65 - 70 - Now thats what Im talking about! Sounds like salsa/tango music mixed with thrash, very cool idea!

Bars 71 & 72 - Sounds weird... Id work on this part. The tremolo picking just sounds out of place and is more of a distraction away from the song than anything.

81 - 96 - I love this. Amazing solo I dont know what vengeance is talking about. Id love to hear a third guitar thrown in to harmonize parts of the solo.

Bar 101 - I really like how you through the intro back in here. It really transitions well.

Solo @ 117 - Again very good. I dont know if Id want to have the main riff come before it though. But maybe it would sound a lot smoother with lyrics...

Outro - Very good. The tempo change comes a little suddenly for my taste but doesnt hurt the song.

Overall - I really liked it. Its good enough as is to record but I feel like it could be a ton better if you changed out some of the riff repeats with new riffs. Its good now, but it could be great.

7.5/10
Last edited by semitone36 at Mar 26, 2009,
Intro: nothing really special. It's kind of powerful though.

bar 17: pretty cool riff. It needs vocals though, on it's own it can't hold the song for too long.

bar 35: some nice speedy stuff, I liked it!

bar 65: Kind of a standard riff i'd say. The solo on top of it is nice, just that, nothing more...

bar 101: The return to the main riff was very fluent, which is good of course!

bar 117: This solo didn't seem to go anywhere, sounded a bit like filler stuff...

Overall: It's a pretty standard trash song. I'd really have to hear it with vocals, because in trash metal they often make a huge difference (imo).

6.5/10

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1091868