My band is just now getting our stuff together, and our drummer has gotten us into a problem. In a way. His dad is dating this girl, who is challenging us. She wants us to get into a Battle of the Bands with another band that has the drummer's dad in it and some others. No problem, it's not like the other band is going to be too much trouble.

But just one minute. The guitarist of the band is apparently VERY good, been playing for quite a few years. And, they're (probably) a jazz band. We're metal. Now, this guy apparently gets to not only pick the song, but also pick who is judging us. This all seems very biased so they win. I'm apparently the only one who really sees this, but the bassist says that we should try to at least pick the judges. I'm not sure if we should agree to it or not, but I'm leaning against it.

What do you guys think?
Quote by koslack
Wait, is this a real BOTB, or just some gig your drummers dad is going to set up for you?
And second, who gives a **** if they win? If it's your drummers dad, I'm assuming they're older guys who have been playing a lot longer than you; they will probably win under any circumstances.

Well, the part where we all have to clean the guitarist's house if we lose.
Do it, and then instead of playing theri bull****, whip out some Metal Up Their Ass!
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
Quote by pengiunman
Do it, and then instead of playing theri bull****, whip out some Metal Up Their Ass!

Haha, I think I'm gonna try to work in some magic, and pull some heavy **** on them, forget the smooth stuff.
Ow, who cares if you win or loose. Just tell them that you'd like to play some material that you enjoy. Sounds more like it's just gonna be for fun and enjoyment, more than a big competition-thing.

I wanna do something like that.. Just great family fun xD
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
Quote by Highwaytohell
Honestly this sounds really lame.
Seriously

Oh I dunno, it looks like just a bit of harmless fun to me. My band used to challenge other local bands to pool matches, (losers have their eyebrows shaved off) and it actualy did us a lot of good promotion wise.

schwinginbatman, do the gig and fill the venue up with your mates. Go on first and play as loudly as possible, with any luck you'll drive the jazz fans out before the jazz band goes on.
It'll look like a hands down win to anyone watching.
i agree with him^ do it
P.S. this is what the alphabet would look like without the letters Q and R
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Oh I dunno, it looks like just a bit of harmless fun to me. My band used to challenge other local bands to pool matches, (losers have their eyebrows shaved off) and it actualy did us a lot of good promotion wise.

schwinginbatman, do the gig and fill the venue up with your mates. Go on first and play as loudly as possible, with any luck you'll drive the jazz fans out before the jazz band goes on.
It'll look like a hands down win to anyone watching.

We're going on first, but that's for different reasons.
Quote by schwinginbatman
We're going on first, but that's for different reasons.

And they are you are obviously less talented and therefore an opening act? Show these guys up!
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
Quote by pengiunman
And they are you are obviously less talented and therefore an opening act? Show these guys up!

More like, as my drummer says, "Let us go first so you guys won't even have to bother setting up, we'll prove who's better!" Not exactly what he said, but w/e.