http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=58651950793&h=yZP_o&u=AxXnL&ref=nf

The most fearsome sea monster the world has ever seen has been found buried in the Arctic. Dubbed "Predator X", the massive pliosaur was fifty feet long and weighed 45 tons. It had massive jaws with a bite force of 33,000 pounds - ten times the force of any animal alive today, including the Great White Shark. Every tooth in its massive jaw was a foot long and Predator X clamped its victims with four times the force of T-Rex. Predator X, which patrolled the oceans 147 millions years ago, was found buried in the remote Arctic near Svalbard by a team of scientists led by Dr Jorn Hurum of the Natural History Museum, University of Oslo. They found another headline-making pliosaur - dubbed The Monster - two years ago and they were just leaving when when they spotted some more bones. They marked the spot with a GPS reading and returned a year later to find the head of an even bigger sea giant - Predator X. After a two week dig they found the skull of the buried in the frozen ground. Its size and body and hunting skills all point to it being the most dangerous predator ever to patrol the world's oceans. The bone linking its skull to its back is six inches in diameter making its skull twice the size of a T-Rex dinosaur. The team also found 20,000 bone fragments which are being glued together to reconstruct the monster at the Natural History Museum, University of Oslo. Predator X had four flippers to propel its massive body through the water. Scientists used a flippered robot and did tests in a wind tunnel to see how it swam, calculating it would only need two flippers. But they believe it used two flippers for cruising but all four when it wanted to surge fast through the water to pounce on its prey making it the deadliest hunter. Another team used an industrial scanner to analyse its brain. It was found to have a long thin brain similar to a Great White shark. The find has been dubbed the most significant Jurassic discovery in the Arctic. Large pliosaurs were big and powerful enough to pick up a small car in its jaws and bite it in half. The Arctic island chain of Scvalbard is known as a "treasure trove" of Jurassic creatures with at least 40 species already discovered. Pliosaurs were a short-necked form of plesiosaur, a group of extinct reptiles that lived in the world's oceans during the age of the dinosaurs. Around 150 million years ago Svalbard wasn't so close to the North Pole and had a warmer climate.

I about **** my pants when I read this. I loooove marine biology.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together

*runs*

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

That is a very very interesting read.

I too love marine biology
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
Quote by Mootallica
That is a very very interesting read.

I too love marine biology

Every time the subject comes up i think about how much stuff is out there that no one's ever discovered before. What if one of those are still swimming about?
I remember seeing that thing in Walking With Dinosaurs. I think that was it. Oh well... that show was great.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Quote by MattAnderson111
OMG PROTECT THE JEWS!

..Wait, this thing does eat jewish people, right?

idk they are a bit chewy, but then again it does have teeth that are 12 inches long.
Quote by Travesty_Prone
Dude, that is seriously sick as ****k!

I love that kinda stuff! you really made my night with that, bro.

no problem
I was expecting something about another Predator movie. My bad.

Still, a cool find for those scientists. The article came across as poorly written though.
Too metal. Jesus...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Screw cats, I want one of those for a pet
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.

Quote by Chrois
I was expecting something about another Predator movie. My bad.

Still, a cool find for those scientists. The article came across as poorly written though.

I have to agree with you on that. It seems like they are over exaggerating on some bits. That doesn't change the fact that it's cool as hell though
Quote by Schism1985
**** man, prehistoric sea creatures were ****in brutal. they make giant squid look like pussies
Of course the giant squid are still alive, so who really won in the end?
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.