So I dunno, I don't actually need one, but ebay has some good deals on them. I mostly play alt/rock style stuff with lots of cleans and overdrive to mid gain crunch and boost it to make it heavier for solos. Would it handle heavier, modern stuff just to mess around with and stuff? Basically, how versatile is it with cleans and distortion. I'll have another main amp, but I might get this one for extra tones and stuff.
you're gonna buy a 50 watt tube amp that costs about 800 usd just to "mess around with and stuff"?
███████████████████████████████████
they're great amps, I've always loved them
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
I own the head, it's an awesome amp that'll do a little bit of anything, but excels at modern voiced heavier tones and cleans IMO. It'll do exactly what you want it to do and then some.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
mesa F series are imo the best mesa's besides the mark series. You can't go wrong.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by FlightofIcarus
I own the head, it's an awesome amp that'll do a little bit of anything, but excels at modern voiced heavier tones and cleans IMO. It'll do exactly what you want it to do and then some.

I agree 100 percent. I felt the exact same way about the F-30 I had.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by tona_107
you're gonna buy a 50 watt tube amp that costs about 800 usd just to "mess around with and stuff"?

Well, I mean I don't know if I can incorporate the amp with my band depending on how the gain sounds, but I would use it for side projects and recording kind of stuff. It's a bit more than messing around...haha.