Hi there, I've got a slight problem:
I've been eyeing a used Hagstrom Super Swede in one of my local stores for quite some time, for $400, I like it's feel and sound, weight no problem...

Anyways, that has nothing to do with this: problem: reaching the upper frets (anything past the 18th/19th fret with out going out of my way) My Yamaha is a strat copy, so I've never really had this problem, and while I don't really use them too much, should I consider it as a make or break sorta thing? Or is it something that I can get used to?

P.S. I already believe it's something I can get used to, but I'm curious if I'm really sacrificing something...)
Guitars with a les Paul style shape usually give problems to people with smaller hands because the heel is exceptionally large. Why do you think shredders/ faster musicians use superstrats? They usually have smaller heels (or none at all in cases such as a Parker guitar). Les paula sound awesome but have awful fret access.
Some people get used to the fret access on single cut guitars, but some people just cant for the life of 'em get used to it.. so it's up to you
This is really bad technique, but take your thumb off the neck and you can reach. Although it takes a bit of getting used to playing without a grip on the neck, it's the only way i found so far..
I've got a Epiphone Les Paul myself and I really agree on the "reachability", it gets kind of annyoing when you can't learn all the songs you like if you haven't got hands like Buckethead. Still the neck on a les paul is incredibly comfortable .
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
I'd say that if feels like you can over it, then buy it.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO